Chapter 1

A 17 year old Lincoln sat on a bench in the park and took a deep breath. His new dog Spitz looked at him in concern as he licks his hand.

"It's okay, boy. She just wants to see me." Lincoln assured, petting his faithful Akita gently as Spitz lies down beside him. He smiled of the day when he got Spitz after the family's beloved dog Charles passed away.

When he felt someone tapping him on the shoulder. Looking back, he saw his beloved girlfriend of four seven months Cookie Beach, looking away with a deep frown painted across her lips. Confused, Lincoln stood up and arched a brow.

"What's wrong?" He asked. The brunette looked up and reached in her pocket. Pulling out something, she held it up and Lincoln's eyes widened.

"So...as you can see, Lincoln...I'm pregnant. You're the father..." She said as the air between the two grew still and Cookie sighed as she turned her back towards him, "So do you have anything to..."

"Your parents are going to be pissed." Lincoln said as he nervously laughed as he stepped closer to his girlfriend. "And my parents...my sisters...they're going to hate this."

"All of them hated our relationship so of course they're going to hate this," Cookie turned and around and the two stood a few feet away from each other. "So...if we tell our families, we're basically screwed."

She sighed as she placed a hand on her flat stomach, "But it's going to be impossible to keep this a secret forever."

"Yeah, I know what you mean." Lincoln sighed and looked away.

"Listen...I'm not good when it comes to thinking up plans, but...what...what if we left town?" Lincoln said as Cookie looked up with wide eyes and Lincoln inhaled slowly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Our families hate each other, and once they learn that you're pregnant with my child...all hell is going to break loose." He said.

Cookie nodded in agreement as she frowned as she slowly looked away, "I know it's a bad idea, but I have some money saved up from birthdays and Christmases, and I can sell some of my collectibles and..."

"I don't think we have much of a choice," Cookie sighed and looked up, "But how would we do this? We live in a small town and..."

"We'll meet up here after dark," Cookie's eyes widened as Lincoln inhaled slowly, "We'll escape under the cover of night...it might be our only option," Cookie looked down at her stomach with narrowed eyes, "If you don't want to, say so now and..."

"Let's do it," Cookie looked up, "It'll be better than staying here and having our families fight us about this," Lincoln nodded, "So we'll meet up after dark and leave,"

"That's the plan," Lincoln kissed her cheek, surprising her, "Go home and get ready for tonight, Cookie," nodding, the turn turned and went their separate ways.

A/N: Here's what Lincoln's new dog Spitz look like, He is an Akita Inu