One

A/N:

In this book, Billie is 18. The therapist, Violetta, is 20.

***
Violetta's POV:

As I sit in my oversized armchair, in my oversized office looking out over the Los Angeles skyline, listening to another middle aged woman talk about her crisis, I wonder where or should I say when, I got so lost.

I graduated high school early, which also means I graduated from college earlier than expected too. I have always found the intricacies of the human brain fascinating to me. The way all of us perceive the world differently, the way our own minds can be dark and light. What makes us tick, what makes our own soul.

My parents bought me this office space, not to say I don't have my own money to purchase it myself, because once I got my bachelors degree at my age every psychologist practice in the state wanted me on their team. However, I decided I wanted to work for myself, but a low key office would've been nicer. More me. They insisted on the best.

Since I've had my own practice I've been known to help the younger generation of A-list celebrities, apparently because I'm around their age they open up to me more. I find it very rewarding being able to help them, they go through such a hard time, things others wouldn't even dream of in their worst nightmares happen to these amazing and talented kids. I wish I could solely work with them only.

So, now here I am, seated in my oversized and overpriced office, wishing I could work from my own home, listening to this mid life crisis...

"Miss Reyes? Are you even listening to me.." the older woman with long black hair questions.

I pull myself out of my thoughts turning my head from the beautiful sun setting over LA, back to the client in front of me.

"Yes, of course" I begin to write on the paper in front of me. I smile at her warmly.

"I was thinking of what we can do to get through this together" I moved to the edge of my seat and put a hand out for her to hold. Which she does instantly, smiling back at me.

"Oh, fantastic. What have you come up with Miss Reyes" she asks

"Please, call me Violetta, you know this Mrs. Brown" I smile again. She nods.

"Okay, so I believe you are well over due for a spa day" she removes my hand and sighs sitting back further into the couch.

"You are so right Violetta. You know it's been nearly 2 months since I've gone to the spa" she shakes her head.

This is mainly what she wants me to say nearly every other session. You get to know your clients well, trust me. This is what she wanted, and yes sometimes I do believe it's what she needs too. An overpriced full day of mud baths and facials. Or an expensive shopping day, a new car etc.

I act shocked at her telling me how long it's been. I rise to my feet, ironing out any wrinkles on my skirt with my palms, signalling our session has ended.

The older woman does the same and I tear off the bottom half of my prescription pad that says "treat yourself". She takes it from my hand with a thank you.

"See you next time darling" her mood much better now.

"Yes, enjoy your spa day" I give a small wave, as I walk to my office door with her.

My heels click on the white marble as I walk from the carpet of my office out to my assistants desk. I dramatically lean over the glass counter top, with my palm resting against my cheek. Looking over to Maddy my assistant. Her blonde hair sitting on her shoulders, brown eyes looking unamused at me.