The beginning of the end

There was a slight breeze blowing the grass around, making it sway. The night seemed to be a perfect night, but in actuality it was hard for a certain hunter. She was alone, sitting in the tall grass. She wanted to be with her husband and her friends but her mind was cluttered. 

See they all decided to go back to the farm and have a picnic. There was six of them. Kaze's fireteam and her husband, Ronin's fireteam. It's been forever since all of them could get together, and they all needed it. But none of them were aware of the small hunters dismay, not even her husband. The only one aware was her ghost. He transmatted into existence.

"Hey guardian, why aren't you with the rest of them? Why are you sitting alone?" The ghost whirled. She shook her head, a tear escaped her eyes. The ghost got closer.

"Hey hey! Please don't cry, what on your mind?" 

"I don't know if I can deal with these feelings much more..." The hunter started crying, placing her hands over her face. Her ghost knew exactly what's on her mind. 

"So Kenji is on your mind then?" Kaze nods, "it'll get better soon. I'm sure if it! Maybe you need to just get it off your chest. Maybe telling him how you feel will help." 

"Yeah but even if he accepts my feelings what about my husband? I can't leave him, I would never leave him. I love him dearly... honestly if it wasn't for Ronin, I wouldn't be who I am today..." She let out a sigh.

"Yeah but also Kenji has been there wayyyy before Ronin. Remember he was there for you when you and Dax broke up. There was a couple nights he stayed up with you when you couldn't sleep. Or even when your mentor died, you and him got very close. So not just Ronin helped but so did your best friend!" Realization hit her hard, she knows her ghost is telling the truth. 

"I mean to be honest I thought you an Kenji would of gotten together, instead of you and Ronin. Not saying anything bad about Ronin. I know he makes you happy, and I'm happy my guardian found love. But I also see how you and the titan act around each other. And you know I see how it seems you both have to restrain yourselves from each other...." Silence consumed them both. Deep inside she knows her ghost is correct. Because everytime she is around Kenji, it seems he is cautious and even though he has let his guard down alot, since they met, he still is holding back something. And she knows she is herself; but she never would jepordize her friendship or even her significant other. As long as Kenji is in her life, she is ok. At least that's what she always thought. 

"I'm positive that he likes your more than a friend. I see how he looks at you when your not paying attention!" The ghost inquired. 

"Yeah but how am I even supposed to tell him I have feelings for him...like even if we share the same feelings...like what do I do??!  I can't bring it up to my husband? I can't tell him in in love with Kenji! I don't want to lose them both...I just wish things were simplier." 

"Maybe, you won't know for sure. They could be opened minded about it. I doubt Ronin would divorce you, but he might need some time, thinking of what to do. I mean it would be a big stepping stone for all of you. But maybe y'all could have an open relationship, or also called a polygamous relationship. Where you can have more than one partner. Basically what I'm saying is don't give up hope, I'm sure things will work out just fine! Now come on I'm sure they've notice your missing by now, let's get back to everyone and just enjoy the night!" Kaze wipes her face, trying to make it seem less like she had been crying. She stood up brushing the dirt off of her clothes. 

"I was wondering where you ran off to!" A robotic voice spoke from behind her. She froze. Oh shit! What all did he hear? 

"Babe?" She slowly turned around, " how long have you been standing there?" She couldn't look at him.