Obi-wan 5

I couldn't tell her the full truth...
I just couldn't.
How couldn't I say I was the one who killed him.
The one who left him there.
To burn.

If I told Padmé otherwise she would of been heart broken about Anakin.

I can't believe it's been almost 1 year since that battle with Anakin and I sometimes wondered if I did the
right thing. I felt that leaving him burn was the best way for the force to decide his fate for what he had done, but now I realised how cruel it is.

Did I do the right thing?

Obi-wan pulled his hood down further across his face as he sat on his swivel seat in one of the local bars on Tatooine making love to his
cheep drink. As the music played on he realised it wasn't as loud as it usually played, infact it stopped.

Things began to sort of slow down in a way.
He looked up to the screen. The Holonet began their daily report as always and saw an individual on the screen that caught his eye.

He was wearing an all black suit which almost looked like a costume with his face masked and couldn't be seen through his red lenses. He looked powerful as he stand straight looking absolutely monstrous.

But the thing that captured the most,
was his breathing.
It was deep, loud and husky.
Obi-wan realised that suit was a breathing respirator.

The reporter began to speak.

"Some of the remaining jedi who survived order 66 were found on kashyyyk who have been found guilty by betraying the Senate, Emperor Sidious."

Obi-wan felt crushed for the jedi.

Lies. Fucking lies.

Obi-wan was not the one to curse infact, he was against it and was the one who told off Clones and Anakin for doing it but he didn't care.

Another reason to drink.

The screen changed on the news as it focused started showing a man crediting the person responsible for this disaster.

"The discovery of the Jedi location was thanks to the Emperor's second in comand,

Darth Vader."

Time stopped.
It explained everything.
The suit. The heavy breathing. Everything.

No, that can't be right! He's dead!
I- I must of missheard it!
"Erm... Miss?"

I saw the young girl turned around and saw the dread on my face.

"Did they just say Darth Vader?"

She looked at me confused.

"Yes. They definitely did."

Dread turned to sudden panic.
I began to whisper.
"Darth Vader is alive..."

I even had to have a person help me collect myself. And began asking questions.

"What do you know about Darth Vader?"
"Through a friend, not only Darth Vader executed the Jedi but also the planet and it's population too."
"Alright... I'm here if you need me."
"Thanks."

I walked out into the desert back to my house.
What have I done?
Have I made him dived deeper into the dark side by abandoning him?
Oh force...

The twins! Should I have had ignored Padmé? Their Father is alive, if he knew his family was alive, they'll be put in great danger.

I have no choice now... Padmé needs to know.

I opened the front door remembering to close it behind, kicking my boots off and immediately laid down staring at the ceiling above.

By me abandoning him, he turned even further to the dark side because of my mistakes.
If I keep making them it will be my downfall.

I need rest for tomorrow I will leave to Alderaan and give Padmé the news...

I hope she will understand.