NINE

"Rafe," he looked away from the water and towards me. "I really want to kiss you." "So do it, Charli."

I leaned forward, I didn't hesitate to connect our lips, Rafe instantly sighed at the contact, his hands gently grabbing my face. He pulled me closer, but at the same time he moved closer to me, our bodies touching, my heart skipped a beat. My hands ran through his hair, gently pulling, he moaned into the kiss, pulling away to breathe. We stared at each other, he scanned my eyes for any hesitation, I smiled allowing him to kiss me again, this time it was more hungry, passionate. I giggled against his lips when he pushed me back a little bit, in this moment it felt right, so I didn't fight it. I was laying back in the sand, he hovered over me, one of his hands in the sand next to my head holding him up, the other one tangled in my hair. We stayed like this for a while, enjoying each others touch, one kiss turned into two, which turned into a whole make out session, not that I'm complaining. Rafe started leaving a trail of light kisses to my neck, I tilted my head to give him more access, his hand that was in my hair started making its way to my hip, once he reached it, he gave me a light squeeze. That's when it hit me like a ton of bricks, I tensed under neath him, he didn't seem to notice, I stared up at the stars in the sky, suddenly unable to move. A tear fell from my eye, and then another, and another before I was silently crying.

Rafe instantly lifted his head when he heard the light sniffle come from me, he practically launched himself off of me. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked softly, "did I do something?" He added, his face riddled with guilt, I covered my face with my hands, shaking my head. "No, no, I just, I can't do this." I sniffles, sitting up, not daring to look at him. He moved to be in front of my face, "it's okay, you don't have to do anything you don't want to." Rafe spoke gently, as if I would break if he spoke any louder. "Thank you." I whispered, wiping the tears from my face. "Do you want me to bring you home?" He offered, patiently waiting for my answer, "can you bring me to John B's? I've been staying there." I answered as he stood up, he nodded, holding his hands out for me, pulling me to my feet. I was about to reach down and grab my heels but he beat me to it, grabbing them in his hand and leading me to his truck.

The drive was silent aside from me telling him where to turn, I sighed as he pulled up to the run down chateau, everyone was still outside, hanging in the hammock and sitting around chatting, but now they were illuminated by Rafe's headlights. "Charli," he stopped me as I was about to open the door, "I had a really good time with you tonight." He smiled, "so did I, I'm sorry about early." I apologized for the hundredth time. Rafe shook his head, concern in his eyes, "don't apologize, please." He whispered as I started climbing out of the truck. "Can I call you?" He asked, watching me intently, "I'd like that. Goodnight." I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, pulling my lip into my mouth as he said goodnight. I shut the door and started walking to my friends as he backed out and headed on his way.

"So, how'd it go?" Sarah and Kie asked in unison, I went through a range of emotions, I blushed, I smiled and then my face kind of went blank. "It was a really good night, thanks Sarah for helping him plan it." I answered, but they knew there was more, I grabbed their hands pulling them away from the boys. "We were making out on the beach and it was great really, but then he grabbed my hip and I freaked out." I told them with a sigh, they looked at each other sadly before hugging me. "He stopped right? I swear I'll kill him." Sarah asked, already getting riled up, "no, he did, he was a real gentleman about it." I assured her, Kie gave me a smile, "so you like him then?" She asked, I gave her a huge smile in return, starting to walk over to the guys, knowing they were watching us.

"What happened to no secrets amongst pogues?" JJ asked, crossing his arms over his chest accusingly. "What, do you really want to know about what a great kisser he is?" I retorted, but John B put two and two together, his eyes softened for a minute when I looked away. Pope caught his look, "John B." We all shot our heads over to him, "what?" He shrugged innocently, Pope didn't buy it. "Why'd you look at her like that? So sad?" He pried, shit. I gave John B a look, silently begging him to come up with a lie. He panicked, "I don't know anything!" All of us girls groaned in unison, Sarah walked up to him with an annoyed expression, whacking the back of his head. "I'm sorry." He muttered holding his head dramatically. Pope and JJ looked to me for answers, I shook my head, "do you really want to know? Because I don't think you do!" I snapped, Kie grabbed my hand, "calm down, I'm not saying you have to say anything, but they just want to look out for you." She offered, talking quietly so they wouldn't hear. I looked into her eyes, and both of us teared up at the same time, she wrapped me in her arms, Sarah coming over as well, all three of us crying as the guys watched in confusion, well except for John B.

I looked up at them and they just came and added themselves to the group hug. I felt safe, and protected, so I told them, until I couldn't, so Kie and John B finished for me. Both of them even having a hard time with it, "is that why you head butted me the other night?" JJ asked, referring to the seat belt incident, I nodded staying silent, he fought his way through the group, hugging me extra tight. "I'm sorry." He kept repeating into my hair, I could feel his tears landing on my head, I nodded into his chest, squeezing him tighter. "It's not your fault." I whispered, suddenly becoming the comforter in this situation.

a/n I swear there's a little drama coming in a few chapters, but lots of things are going to change, I'm so bad at writing drama so there's lots of fluff too... rip my heart