NINETEEN

Today was the day, we were leaving for the fair, Kie and Sarah were patiently waiting in Kie's car for me, I've been saying bye to Rafe for five minutes, but he just keeps hugging me, and kissing me. "Come on you big baby, we have a ferry to catch!" Sarah shouted to her brother, he flipped her off, giving me a final kiss. "I'll call you tonight, promise." I called as I ran to the car, my duffel bag over my shoulder. "Love you!" I added, closing the car door as he responded, oops. Sarah shot him a thumbs up as we started driving off, "it's officially ladies weekend." I sighed, leaning back against the car seat, "it already feels so nice." They agreed, turning the radio up, the windows down as our hair flew around the car.

We were currently on the ferry, I was leaning against the edge, trying not to gag, I haven't gotten sea sick in years. Sarah took the hair tie off her wrist, sloppily tying my hair up for me, "are you okay?" She rubbed my back, I coughed, followed by gagging. "Just peachy, I can't wait to get off this thing." I mumbled, closing my eyes, trying to focus on the wind blowing in my face, instead of the way the boat was rocking. Kie stood on the other side of me, talking about random things to keep my mind occupied, "we're almost there." She assured me, I lifted my head, getting a head rush, I gripped the railing, kill me now. As soon as we got off the boat, I went into the closest pharmacy, buying a bottle of motion sickness pills, if I was like that on the boat, I was definitely going to need them for the rides.

I laid back on the bed, closing my eyes, rubbing my temples in an attempt to rid myself of my headache, I'm just a mess today. "You don't think?" "No way." I heard Sarah and Kie talking, I brushed it off being too tired to really care. "Are you sure you're going to want to go?" Kie asked me, sitting next to me on the bed, if we wanted to get to the fair on time we have to leave in twenty minutes. "Yeah, I'll be fine, just wake me up when it's time to go." I mumbled, turning to my side, instantly falling asleep.

"Charli." I jumped at the sound of my name, "oh god, is it time already?" I groaned, I don't know what's gotten into me. "We don't have to go." Sarah offered sweetly, "no, we came all the way here, we're going." I sat up, popping a couple of those sickness pills in my mouth, I took a sip of water. "Let's do this." I called standing up, silently hoping my body would snap out of this. Kie and Sarah shared a nervous look, "I'm fine guys, let's go." I assured them, plastering a fake smile on my face. Sarah was typing on her phone the whole elevator ride down from our hotel room. "John B?" I questioned, "oh, yeah." She answered, eyes darting up from her phone. Kie cleared her throat from beside me, "here we go."

***

It's been a few hours, we were in line for the ferris wheel, munching on some soft pretzels, I saw an emergency tampon sticking out of Kie's pocket. My face went pale. No. "You look like you've seen a ghost." Sarah spoke up from beside me, "I'm fine." I mumbled, eyes darting away from the tampon, I think Sarah might've seen what I was looking at. "Two per cart." The ride handler stopped me from climbing in with Sarah and Kie, "great." I muttered, I'm going to be stuck with some stranger. I climbed in the next cart, "mind if I join?" That all too familiar voice spoke from behind me. "Rafe?" I gasped as he climbed in, "what are you doing here?" I was shocked, Sarah and Kie looked back at us, wild grins on there faces. "You two knew?" I called to them, they nodded sheepishly. "Hey, you okay? They told me you haven't been feeling good." Rafe mumbled, tucking my hair behind my ear, "yeah, just some motion sickness." I answered, looking away chewing on my lip, at least I hope it's motion sickness. We were slowly approaching the top of the wheel, Rafe began looking nervous. "Are you scared?" I asked, slightly teasingly, "what? No!" He answered instantly, I gave him a look, why was he so jumpy then.

The beloved spot, we were stopped at the top of the Ferris wheel. "Charli," Rafe paused, waiting for me to turn towards him, "yeah." I replied, looking at the nervous boy next to me, I finally took in what he was wearing, a pair of board shorts, a grey button up and a backwards hat. "I love you, so much." I became nervous at his words, "I don't want to see my life without you in it ever again." Oh shit, he's not, is he? "I want to keep building a life with you, I want to accomplish all these things with you by my side. Will you marry me?" He pulled out a ring box, my stomach jumped into my throat, "I think I'm gonna be sick." I muttered covering my mouth, I panicked, grabbing the hat off his head. "Oh god." He groaned as I puked into it, Sarah and Kie shrieked from the cart in front of us, "I think you're pregnant!" Rafe's head shot in their direction. "What?!" He looked towards me, I was still hunched over his hat, shaking slightly, "I haven't gotten my period." I whispered, he was still holding the ring box, me with a hat full of puke, so romantic. "Holy shit." Rafe leaned back in the cart making it shake, "oh no." I gasped as the hat slipped from my grip, falling to the ground that was so far below us. I leaned back, taking a deep breath trying to sooth my stomach, "one thing at a time, is that a yes?" Rafe held the box open in front of me. I looked at the ring and him, "yes, of course." I spit the words out, we're so young, but it feels so right, we wouldn't be the only young married people on the banks, that's for sure, there's actually quite a lot of them. "Do you think you're pregnant?" He asked, sliding the gorgeous ring into my finger, it was simple but beautiful, I loved it. "Maybe. What if I am?" I answered him with a question, my eyes went wide, what if he doesn't want a baby. "I mean the timing isn't the best, but of course I'd be happy." He assured me seeing the look in my eyes, "I really want to kiss you, but you just puked." He spoke so softly that I couldn't help but laugh, he sounded so romantic but his words definitely were not.

"I really want to kiss you too." I responded still giggling, we were close to the bottom of the Ferris wheel, "we'll go back to the hotel after this." Rafe gave my thigh a squeeze, that never fails to give me butterflies. "Okay-wait, you've had this planned for a while haven't you?" I asked, everything hitting me like a ton of bricks. "Yeah, when you asked me if Kie was planning something I thought you were going to figure it out." He explained, climbing out of the cart, holding his hand out for me, I gracefully took it, stumbling out of the cart, ok, so maybe it wasn't so gracefully. "Oh my god, it's even prettier than I remember!" Sarah squealed looking at the ring on my hand, "you helped him pick it out?" I asked, she nodded, Kie beginning to gawk at it too, "oh I'm so happy for you." She gave me a big hug, "I might have two things to congratulate you on." She added as we began walking towards the exit, "yeah we're going to have to stop at a pharmacy." I whispered to Rafe, squeezing his hand tightly. "Definitely."

a/n THIS IS MY FAVORITE CHAPTER SO FAR, idk why I just love it sm