four

⁀➷

⁀➷

Dorothy woke up in the hospital alone. She was confined in her very own private room. It was high-tech and fancy with a vase of flowers on her bedside. They were daisies, and her face scrunched up at that. She didn't quite understand it herself, but she disliked daisies. Sometimes, she would joke to herself and compare white daisies to the pale complexion of her white high school tormentors.

She didn't feel like she was in pain, but her head did throb from time to time. She had no visible cuts or bruises on her arms, which was concerning to her, considering how a cosmic Storm in space had hit her and rendered her unconscious.

The sound of the door opening caused her to look up. She sighed audibly as Johnny walked into the room with a large grin on his face.

"You look happy. Why are you happy?" she questioned. "You messed with Ben again, didn't you?"

He only shrugged, but the wink he sent her said otherwise. He walked over to her, pulled out a chair, and flipped it around in order to rest his arms out in front of him.

"How you feeling? Looking a little pale on the side? Wrong foundation?" he teased.

"You're as white as those ugly daisies on the bedside. Don't even joke about the wrong foundation on me. Have you seen yourself?"

"I have, actually. I'm quite handsome, no?"

She shook her head. "No."

"Hot and cold again. I'm starting to see a pattern. Not like you were complaining when your hand was down my jumpsuit up in space," he retorted cheekily.

She cracked a smile at that. "Well, what can I say, Mr. Storm? Sex in space with a fine specimen such as yourself is too high an opportunity to pass."

"Welcome to the mile-high club, sweetheart."

"I'm not even surprised that you've been a member for so long already," she retorted.

"Gee, what gave it away? Ever have sex in a hospital?" he asked.

"Johnny, I'm in a hospital bed right now after getting hit in space."

He got up from his chair. "All right, all right. Room 108. You know where to find me if you change your mind."