fifteen

⁀➷

⁀➷

After Victor told Ben that Reed wasn't doing everything he could to fix him, Ben stalked to their building and confronted Reed and Sue, only to get restrained by Reed before grumpily walking away. Johnny teased him with a toy pro type of The Thing that Ben destroyed after pushing Johnny against a wall.

"Ben!" Sue exclaimed. "Johnny, have you seen Ben?" 

"Yeah, Sunshine just left. Look, Sue, I'm sorry, I can't stay in this freak show. I gotta get back to the real world," he said, walking past her toward the exit.

"You're calling that the real world?"

He turned around. "Sue, stop. You're not Mom. Don't talk to me like I'm a little boy, okay?"

"Maybe I would if you stopped acting like one. Do you even hear yourself? Who do you think you are?"

"Why is everyone on my ass?" he snapped. "If you guys are jealous, that's fine. I didn't expect it to come from you though."

"You really think those people out there care about you? You're just a fad to them, Johnny!"

"Let's try something new. You live your life, I'll live mine." He backed away. "Sound good?" He turned turned around and began walking out. "And just for the record, they love me!"

Sue stood there, defeated at the sight of her younger brother not listening to her. She turned around, just as the elevator doors parted and Dorothy ran out.

"Hi, have you seen Johnny?" she questioned.

Sue sighed. "Out the door. Ben?"

Dorothy shook her head. "Sorry. Check his room."

Sue nodded, and the two women ran past each other with their own men to find. Dorothy ran out the door, head turning and eyes wide, ignoring the whispers from people who recognized her.

Spotting a familiar head from behind, she ran after him, shouting, "Johnny!"

He sighed defeatedly, turning around. "Look, Sue - You're not Sue."

Dorothy stood in front of her, huffing. "Do I sound like your sister? Because that seems like a deal breaker."

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, you ran off. Obviously, I was going to go after you. What kind of - " She paused for a moment. "What kind of girlfriend would I be if I didn't?"

"You - You wanna be my girlfriend again?" he questioned. "Thought you were done with me."

Dorothy shrugged. "It's hard to be done with you, but I don't think we're toxic. I just think we need to learn. I'm willing to put in the effort. Are you?"

He slowly nodded. "Yeah, I am. I just can't believe - "

The lights flickered around them, causing them to look up at the tall buildings that dimmed down. Johnny and Dorothy looked at each other before turning back and running back to the Baxter Building.