thirteen

⁀➷

⁀➷

Johnny had snuck out of the building to go riding in front of a public crowd in his blue uniform with a 5 logo on it, which infuriated Sue. Dorothy was sitting on the couch next to Ben while Reed stood next to Sue.

The woman interviewing Johnny spoke up, holding up a microphone. "Johnny, I've gotta ask you about this outfit."

"Yeah, it's sort of Armani meets astronaut," Johnny commented, flashing an award-winning smile.

"So, what are your superhero names?"

Johnny grinned. "They call me The Human Torch, but Dorothy calls me hot stuff."

"Ah, yes... Dorothy." A picture of her showed up on the screen. "What's her superhero name?"

Johnny thought for a moment, trying to find the perfect name for her. "The Sorceress."

"Makes me sound like a stripper," Dorothy muttered.

"What about the rest of the team?" the reporter questioned as a picture of Sue popped up.

"That's the Invisible Girl," he answered.

"Girl?" Sue questioned.

"What about your leader, Reed Richards? I hear you call him Mr. Fantastic. Is it true about what they say about him? That he can expand any part of his anatomy?"

The girls around Johnny squealed and giggled at the statement. Dorothy rolled her eyes. She really thought for a moment he changed, but she should have known better.

Johnny smirked. "Well, I've always found him to be a little limp."

Reed's eyes widened in shock and fear.

"Now, what is that?" the reporter asked as a picture of Ben popped up. "What do you call that thing?"

"That's it," said Johnny, waving his hands. "The thing. Yeah, you think this is bad - you should have seen him before."

"Okay," said Ben, "Now, I'm gonna go kill him."

Without even waiting for someone to stop him, he left the room in a huff.

"I'll stay here," said Dorothy. "I think you three are enough. Besides, as soon as you come back, I can force Johnny to stay in."

Sue nodded. "Thank you. I know what you two had was difficult."

Dorothy shrugged. "Well, I was never good at relationships. Go get his dumb ass."

Dorothy felt defeated. She agreed to give it another shot, but it seemed he enjoyed the spotlight more than anything else.