A Mysterious Proposal

Aditya sat in his car parked in the driveway and leaned back in his seat. Conversing with his Father always left him empty. The things he had done to get where he was...

His Grandfather would be ashamed if he ever knew that his Son wasn't the man he portrayed to be. Arnav Oberoi was the definition of ruthless. And Aditya had had to watch his Father in action for years. He had endured as his Father slowly developed connections with the Underworld making shady deals and ordering hits against anyone who dared go against him.

He was a small boy so he could do nothing but endure as he watched his Father throw away his Grandfather's legacy. He wanted to have control back so that he could bring back the Oberoi Empire back to it's original roots. Currently, besides the legal business the corporation dealt with illegal transportation of munitions and rare artefacts. They had an entire ring built up to carry out the process.

He didn't want to be a part of any of it which drove his need to get control back from his Father's hands. He sighed once more and looked at the folder placed on the passenger's seat. He picked it up and opened it.

Mira Singhania. That was the name that was highlighted in bold along with an entire document filled with all the information there was to be found about her. He knew that his Father couldn't care less about this woman. The only thing he was interested in was the surname and the profit it held.

He understood that his Father wanted in on the piece of Software that was currently being developed in Singhania Technology. If someone wronged his Father or fell out with him then he could just use it for his own nefarious purpose. Not that he would sit still before but this would serve as a gun that could be pointed at anyone from anywhere across the world.

Aditya couldn't allow that to happen. Some things should never be allowed to see the light of the day.

This software was ST's (1) best kept secret. With only the specialised team from the R&D Centre and a few trusted people in the know, it was their best kept secret. He picked up his phone and called his assistant, Rohan.

Without any preamble he ordered, "Set up an appointment for me tomorrow with Raj Singhania."

Used to his direct statements his assistant promptly replied, "Okay sir."

Cutting the call, Aditya started his car and backed out of the Oberoi Family Mansion.

||||||

Sitting in his study, Aditya was burning the midnight oil. Just then his laptop notified him about an incoming email.

His eyes glinted when he perused through the contents of the email. Just then his phone rang. He saw that it was his Father's call. Frowning, he picked it up.

"There has been a problem with our latest shipment. Some of the cargo has been found missing. Get to the bottom of this. I want to know what happened by tomorrow," his Dad spoke furiously.

"Okay." He said and cut the call.

|||||

The next day Aditya walked confidently into ST's headquarters with his assistant. Rohan had notified him that Mr. Singhania was waiting to meet him. He was in the elevator when a cheerful voice stole his attention. He looked in it's direction when a woman stumbled into the elevator. Reacting quickly, he steadied her by catching her in grip.

"Careful," he warned. That was the moment she looked at him and he recognized her from the folder given to him last night-Mira Singhania. The eldest daughter and heir apparent of ST.