Chapter 26

JK : A/n. she was a rebound. and falling in love with her was nothing but a damn excuse to dig her past which relateded you. A satisfaction that I needed, to know if she actually was your blood or a mere coincidence!

He raises his tone as they both glared at each other.

A/n : if so, then you shouldn't be bothered is she gets killed.

JK : unless I'm done with her.

With that Jungkook stomped away from the scene.

Y/n heard his fading stomps as she leans back on the wall.

All this time, she thought she had lost all her hopes on him. But now, after hearing his words she realized that somewhere deep down in her heart there was a tiny spark of hope which died just now.

The hurt, the betrayal. She again felt it. It did not only pained her but it was tearing apart her heart. The stinging sensation of pain was unbearable. Tears that had dried, we're threatening to made their way to flow once again.

Jimin : hello? Reed? You there?

Jimins voice through the mini wireless earpiece reached her ear as she snapped back to her senses and wiped the drops of tears away from her cheeks..

Y/n :y-yes.

She clears her throat. Composing her self.

Y/n : alright, she's on her way. You remember what you have to do?

Jimin : yes, capture her without being noticed or suspicious.

Y/n : good. she left jungkook and is making her way to-Wait!

Jimin : don't tell me she saw you.

Y/n : shut up Jimin.

Jimin : thank God.

Y/n : she's talking to Mr. Jeon.

Jimin : what? That old prick? Jeez, first his son and now him. Gosh, I really hate this bloodline.

Y/n : feelings mutual.

A/n : it's good to see you, father in law.

A/n greets Mr. Jeon as he fakes a smile to her.

Mr. Jeon : I wish I could say the same, daughter in law.

A/n rolls her eyes before takes sip of her champagne.

Mr. Jeon : so, I heard you were into some trouble earlier?

A/n : well, nothing serious for you to concern.

Mr. Jeon : oh come on, darling. How can I not? If it involves my status.

She scoffs.

A/n : no wonder why your son hates you so much.

Mr. Jeon : so he does you.

A/n : used to. Not anymore.

Mr. Jeon : oh, I see. But doesn't it feel weird, how you suddenly got kidnapped then him rescuing you and happy ending? Strange, isn't it?

A/n : I see, you're having trouble in believing what you see. But it's okay, you're aged enough now.

Mr. Jeon : you're forgetting that I'm a businessman too, darling. And in my business, I always keep my eyes on them who look too clean and innocent.

A/n : sometimes, it's better to keep our distance rather than getting involved into mess like this.

A/n says as she walked away from him.