Chapter 4: Warming Up to Him

Y/N's POV this is after the two cars leave
I walk next to Sally and put my hand on her shoulder "Maybe it's time to let it go. No ones coming." I then walk away to my garage and open the door and see a little bit of my car fixed. Maybe I was a little harsh on him, I could apologize to him.

Mater then opens the garage door "He's done!" and then runs off. It's been an hour! We walk outside where McQueen was out of breath and the road was worse than before! "I'm done. Look I'm finished. Just say thank you and I'll be on my way. That's all you gotta say." I look over and see Mater with his truck going up and down while the things in his bed wagon hopping out.

"It looks awful." said Sally with a concerned look "Well it matches the rest of the town." I take it back. I then lounge at him but Sally and the Sheriff hold me back while Red running away crying. "Who do you think you are?" "Look, Doc said when I finished I could go, that was the deal." "The deal was you fixed the road. Not make it worse. Now scrape it off, start over." Grandpa said appearing out of the blue. "Look grandpa, I'm not a bulldozer. I'm a race car driver." "Oh, are you now. Then why don't we have a little race, me and you." "Grandpa what are you doing?" "Y/N calm down, I know what I'm doing." "Here's a new deal, you win and I fix the road, if I win, you do the road my way." "Sorry you go 20 miles in like what 6.5 years." "Then that shouldn't be a problem then." "You know what old timer. That's a great idea. Let's race."

Time skip

3rd person POV
The two men were at the starting line with their cars at Willies Boute. Y/N to busy trying not to scream, Sally gave Y/N a jawbreaker to try and break. But Y/N already broke the thing in half to everyone's surprise(you're that angry), she wanted to break his car like he broke hers. He pissed her off for the last time.

Lightning took of with big start, leaving Doc at the starting line. Y/N decided to leave since she thought that Lightning would win anyway and leave her car and the road broken.

Time skip

Y/N wakes to screaming and yelling coming from outside. She opens her window and sees Lightning still fixing the road. She laughs to herself before closing the window and going back to sleep, maybe she should do something about him fixing her car.