Chapter 7: A Moment I Wish Would Last Forever

3rd person POV
Y/N woke up and went downstairs to see that McQueen wasn't there on the couch. She goes to her garage and sees the car finished?! 'He must be working on the road.' she thought before walking outside and seeing the road finished. 'He must've left after he finished.' she thought again before returning to back into her house to make herself breakfast.

Y/N had stayed in her house for most of the day, mostly designing on her new design for her car, listening to music, and taking a couple of naps here and there. That's when she heard a knock on her door "Coming!" she said getting up from her couch and walking to the door. She opens it and sees Sally there with a smile on her face. "Y/N, you have to see this!" she said grabbing Y/N's wrist and dragging her to the entrance of the small town. "Sally, please tell me what the hell are you doing? Especially this late?" just then Mater spoke up "Ladies and gentlemen, I presented you the neeeew Lightning McQueen!" McQueen on cue came out wearing black converse shoes, jeans with a few rips in them, a white t-shirt with an open black and red plaid shirt, and his hair was blonde instead of red like before.

Y/N looks shocked at him "Wow, I never you were blonde, when did this happen?" Y/N said as she walks around him, looking at him up and down. "Is getting dark out?" he says looking straight as Lizzy "What is he saying?" McQueen looks backs at Y/N "Let me say again," he says before looking at Lizzy "is it getting dark out?!" "Now what was I supposed to do?" she says before Red kicked the radio, playing a song and the neon signs began to light up. "You fixed their neons, thank you." Y/N said hugging McQueen "Well Y/N shall we take a cruise-" "I'd love too!" "Lizzy!" Lizzy then took McQueen away Y/N as he looks back with a "help me!" and "Sorry." look.

"Hello Miss Y/N, may I have this cruise?" "Of course Mater." Y/N said taking his arm.

Lightning's POV
I was being dragged by the crazy old woman when something wrapped my waist and pull me past the town's people. It let go and I began to spin around until I stopped beside Y/N "Hey!" I said happily "Thanks Mater." said Y/N to Mater as he went back to where he lived "Good evening to you two." he said winking at us.

We began to walk to the front of the town looking at the colorful town with people having a great time. "Thank you," I heard Y/N say "for fixing my car, remaking the road, and letting me see what it's like to love in it's hay day." "Your welcome." we turned to one another, looking into each other's eyes. I didn't know what to do but we both leaned in, our lips inches apart. "Customer's everybody! And a lot of 'em, you know what to do, just like we rehearsed!" I hear Flow say before a light was shined on Y/N and I.

Then suddenly the press surrounded me, pushing Y/N away from me. "Y/N!" I shouted trying to get pass them. Mac showed up and parked my trailer where my car was pushed by some of press into the trailer for some reason. I finally caught up with Y/N and see a sad look on her "Y/N I- look I wish- ugh." "It's okay McQueen, you should go." "But-" "Go, you need to win that race after all. Thank you, for that moment, it means a lot to me." I was about to say something when Mac called me.

He dragged me back to my trailer and began to drive away as I looked back at Radiator Springs, I'll miss you Y/N. I love you.

To be continued

Sike! You thought!

3rd person POV
While no one else was looking, a figure had snuck into Mac's truck.