Fifteen

Please Vote and comment guys! I wanna know your thoughts!

.

As his car entered through the gate to his factory's premises, Atirek wished for the chirpy girl's sake that her father stepped back. He stepped out of his car and moved with quick strides into the office situated at the corner of the building.

"Ah, so nice of you to join us, Mr. Thakkar!" Vednath Rajan's voice greeted him as soon as he did. He sat on the chair, which would've been his chair, once the factory was opened.
"Good morning, Officer." He would not back down to his bullying. There was nothing he could have found on them, Veer made sure of that. "I see you're up and early?"

Vednath gave him a stare.
"A bird rises early to catch it's prey, Thakkar."

Atirek let out a chuckle, looking around while shaking his head. A lot of plain clothed officers looked around at his files, and since Veer was missing, he was sure that a few more were out inspecting his property.
"Looks like I'm going to have to redecorate once your army leaves, huh?"

"Sure." Vednath scoffed at his overconfident remark. He absolutely loathed such silver spooned undeserving youngsters. "If you can still stake a claim on this building on the farmland after we're done with it."

"This may have been a farmland, but it was infertile." Atirek gritted his teeth at him. "I told you, we have research on the land samples to prove that. My assistant has already submitted those files to your office."
"What research?" Vednath stared at him. "We couldn't understand a word of that gibberish."

Atirek took a deep breath to calm himself down.

Just when he was about to speak, their attention was diverted towards the noises coming from outside.

"You know," Rajan got up from the seat. "I wouldn't have had the time to research about your family, if my daughter had been home, safe."
Atirek felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. It was Arjun's secret bodyguard, Uday, calling.

"You may have protected Raghavendra for now, but you cannot protect everyone in your family, because;" He smirked at him. "First, you don't know which one I will go after next. And second, you cannot keep wiping their noses clean at all times, can you?"

Atirek picked up the call.
"Sir, Arjun has been arrested for possession of illegal substances. He was driving under influence as well. I'm going to the police station right now."
"Ok, yeah, I'll be there by the night." Atirek spoke into the phone. "Once you reach there, text Veer the details of the police station he's been taken to. He will send you the bail money. I don't want him staying in there for long... Since it'll take us time, you bail him out."

Atirek disconnected the call and took a threatening step towards Vednath. His body was shaking in anger as he pointed a finger at him.
"You. Are. Going. To. Regret. This." He speller out every word slowly.

Vednath chuckled in his face. Just when Atirek's hand was twitching towards his pocket, to pull out his gun, Veer entered the room and patted his elbow in urgency.

"There's a problem, boss." He told him, just as they heard police sirens from outside.

Before Veer could tell him what it was, the police had already entered the room, asking them to raise their hands in surrender.

"Atirek Thakkar, you're under arrest for setting up an illegal drug lab and growing banned substances on your property."

"What?" He exclaimed, as the police cuffed him.
"They found a few marijuana plants growing at the back of our property. I don't know how they got there, but I'm going to bail you out as soon as you reach the precinct, and then we'll see." Veer hushed in quickly, hurrying along by his side, before the police put Atirek in the jeep and they drove off.

"So, one brother grows marijuana, while the other consumes it." Veer heard Vednath Rajan say. "This doesn't really sound like a beneficial business model to me, Mr. Veer, is it?"
"What do you want?" Veer asked him calmly. "I thought you were an honest officer. I can assure you, you're being mislead."

"Even if I am being mislead," Vednath gritted his teeth, losing his cool for the second time today. "I am willing to turn a blind eye to this. And you know why."

"You're making a mistake, Mr. Rajan." Veer replied coolly.
"No. Your boss made a mistake when he went after my family."

"You don't have any evidence of that." Veer wasn't a fool to fall into his trap.

"Yes. You're right." He said, stepping closer to him, "But that's why I am going to build a case against Thakkar."

Veer stared at him in wonder.
"Hypothetically," he felt the words leave his mouth. "Doesn't that make you scared for her life? What kind of father are you?"

"The kind; which if you guys had a father similar to," Vednath Rajan told him coldly, "Then you wouldn't have walked down this path of crime and destruction."

With that heavy line, he pushed past Veer and left.

His words were only right, after all. He was a staunch man, with strong ethics and values. He was everything a father who wanted their kids to be strong, should be.

However, what Veer had asked him was only more practical. He himself was fearing for that poor girl's safety.

He got into his own car and started driving to the police station. His phone buzzed with a message, which he clicked open on his car's display. It was from Uday, telling him the address of the precinct and the amount of the bail money it was going to take, to bail Arjun out.
Veer parked his car on the side of the road for a few minutes and sent him the money through online transfer.

As he drove away again, to bail out the older brother, he felt a headache develop.

Rajan was so screwed. Both the Rajan's.

Because everyone knew, in business as well as criminal world, that going after Atirek or his father was fair game. But touching any of his family member, was like signing a death warrant.

And Vednath had gone after the youngest brother. Someone Atirek had been sacrificing everything for, just to keep him out of harm's way, out of the life of crime.
And he had landed him directly in jail.

Now that the sleeping lion, Atirek; had been hit in both head and the tail with a stick, he was going to be a force to reckon with.

And Veer feared that even he wouldn't be able to stop him now.

.

Authors note:
Next up: Vanya decided to run for her freedom! Will she succeed? Or will she fail?
Will Atirek be released? Or he will be sent to prison?

VOTE, share and comment please!

Vote please!!!