Sixteen

Kindly remember to vote! 😊😊
It's just a tiny beautiful star!

.

Vanya excused herself from the examination hall, stating that she needed to use the restroom.
One out of there, she walked swiftly past the quiet hallway of her college, and hurried towards the back gate. This was the only chance she was going to get and she would sure as hell take it.

Once she was out of the building, she found herself in the botanical gardens of her University. She started hurrying along the path, before she heard someone call out her name. She stopped in her tracks.

At the end of the curved path, two bulky men stood, calling out her name. They had driven with her and Daman in the car.

She knew she was trapped now. If they were searching the campus, she wouldn't be able to get past them. There was only one gate in and out of the Uni. She needed to hide until they closed the gates, and then she could probably sneak into the teachers lounge on the opposite end of the college building, and ask for their help.

She looked around and saw the door to the greenhouse, which she'd just passed. She retracted her steps and entered the glass dome, keeping her head low.
After what she presumed was half an hour at least, she peeped from the glass. There was no one out there.

But she wasn't about to run outside, straight in their arms. She settled down on the floor, making space for herself between huge pots containing palm trees.
She felt hunger pangs hit her now that she was a bit relaxed and her adrenaline rush was close to disappearing. In all the nervousness about her plan, she had even skipped breakfast and now was high noon.

She hugged her stomach and toughed herself up to wait it out. One day without food won't kill her, but Atirek surely will.

.

Outside, Daman rechecked the position of the green dot on his phone. She was still there.

He had asked his men to hide in the shadows so that she would come out on her own. But she wasn't coming out, as the tracker he had sneakily placed on her collar hadn't moved in a while.

They were getting late. He had been told to get her back in time. Just when he was about to go in himself, he heard the commotion. The students were done with the paper and were spilling out of the college. He stepped back into the shadows and waited for her familiar silhouette to appear.

.

Veer could feel the anger roll off his boss in waves. He had asked Veer to start driving towards Dehradun, as soon as he had bailed him out.
Veer was glad that he was in luck, because the incharge of the precinct, to which Atirek was taken to; was a family friend of the the Thakkar's. Not only had he not disrespected his dangerous boss by locking him up, but also hastened the procedure, letting him go free while one of his own men waited outside the court house with their lawyer to obtain the bail post his released.

Atirek's phone rang suddenly, just as they hit the highway.

"Hello, dad." Atirek's voice sent shivers down Veer's spine. He was already pissed. And his father's call only meant one thing.

He knew everything.

Atirek waited for his father's smug remark, and it came, without fail.
"So, how was jail?" He could hear the laugh in his father's voice.

"I have it under control, father." He replied curtly. The last thing he needed was his father meddling in his business.

"Sure you do, son." Danish let out a laugh. "Is that why your brother's in the jail too?"