Campfire

The following morning Chloe, Beca, Jesse, and Aubrey had breakfast together. There was no sign of the other couple.

"Has anybody seen Amy and Bumper?" Aubrey asked out of the blue.

"No. They are probably enjoying some time together." Beca shrugged.

"I want to remind you that we are here on a mission." the blonde replied.

"Listen, I know. However, let them have some freedom. It's not like we need to do anything today. How about you chill too for once?" the brunette stated.

"Yeah, she has a point. I did not spend much time with you recently." Jesse admitted.

"Fine, we will all go to the beach this afternoon." Aubrey huffed.

Whenever it came to missions, she always liked to keep it 100% professional. For her, having some fun was completely wrong, but she knew she had to make up for not spending much time with her boyfriend and friends. The others seemed to be able to balance between work and personal life. On the other hand, Aubrey was struggling acting like her job was her entire life.

The four agents walked back to their room to relax for some time before going out to enjoy the sunny weather.

"Hey Chlo, can I talk to you for a minute?" the blonde woman asked as she stepped closer to the ginger.

"Sure. Wanna go for a walk?" Chloe replied.

The two women headed out and walked along the seashore. Chloe stayed silent waiting for Aubrey to speak up. However, the blonde woman was stuck in her thoughts and did not know how to express herself.

"So... what did you need to tell me?" the redhead asked as she stood in front of Aubrey.

She gently lifted the woman's chin and saw a hopeless face. She has never seen Aubrey going through a crisis, she would always be the one to help Chloe up all the time. Now, she felt bad for not realizing that her friend might have hidden a lot of things from her.

"I just feel like I am not spending much time on my personal life." Aubrey admitted.

"Aww, Bree. It's ok. Our job is hectic, it's normal." the redhead reassured.

"No, it's not that. You guys know how to balance between the two. Why can't I?" she blurted out.

"I can't tell you what to do because everybody approaches it differently. However, I believe that you can sort it out. Talk to Jesse, together you will get through it. Just relax, ok?" Chloe said.

"Thank you, Chlo. You are the best." Aubrey replied giving the other woman a gentle yet warm hug.

"We should probably head back. This ginger needs her jiggle juice." the redhead joked making the other woman laugh.

The two girls walked back into the hotel and departed their separate ways into their own rooms. When the redhead entered her room, she found Beca playing a game on the PS4.

"Really? This is what you do when I am not here?!" she said in astonishment.

"Precisely so." the brunette replied as she quickly turned around to look at her partner.

"Have you talked to Amy and Bumper?" Chloe asked.

"Actually... no. I was too busy playing." Beca teased.

"Ugh, I will go inform them." the redhead replied walking out of the room.

The woman disappeared for around an hour, and that made Beca concerned. However, as she stood up to go check on her, the door opened.