Graduation

TONI POV:

"You ok?" Dad ask quietly. I've been staring at him while he makes dinner for ten minutes waiting for him to notice, of course not. "What's going on with you and mom?" I ask quietly. "I know you guys have your moments and stuff but, I feel like there is something you're not telling me. " I stand up and walk over to him. "What do you mean?" Dad ask trying to sound like he's fine. I look back to make sure mom isn't gonna come in. "Is she drinking again?" I ask concerned. He looks down. "I don't really know, but she hasn't been herself and I don't know what's going on with her, honestly I think it's something to do with Fangs being here even though he's only going to be here for another month." He whispers. "Maybe it's because he's leaving, she acted similar before I went off to college." I say quietly. I shrug. "Just a thought. When is diner going to be ready?" I change the subject. "In a bit." I nod walking out. I go upstairs and go to Fangs. "What?" He ask quietly not even looking up from his book. "I think I figured out why my mom has been acting the way she's been acting." I say closing the door. He closes his book. "Than what?" He ask as I sit down on the bed. "She doesn't want you to leave." I say slightly awkwardly. "I'm not her son." He says. "You might as well be." I say. He smiles. "Toni!" I take a deep breath. "I have a girlfriend to tend to." I smile. "What did she do?" He ask quietly. "She tripped and if she can't walk on her left food we're gonna go a doctor." He nods. "Cool!" He says awkwardly. I walk out and go to my room. "What's up?" I ask. "My ankle." She whines. "Do you want to go the a doctor?" I ask quietly. She nods. "Come on." I pick her up and take her to the car. I drive off and we go to the first place that will take her. Once we get there, they make sure her ankle is ok. They do some test and the doctor comes in. "You're fine! You just need to wear a brace and stay off it for a week." The doctor says to Cheryl. "Week? I have- who am I kidding I'm lazy as hell. I now have an excuse not to cheer." Cheryl says. I smile a little. "What?" She looks at me. "I love you." I kiss her hand. She smiles. "I love you too."

It's been two weeks and Cheryl's fine, her wasn't as bad as we thought. Her graduation is in 3 days and I'm helping her with her speech. "I can't do this!" She slams the note cards on the bed. "I feel like I'm suffocating." She whispers. I pull her close. "You're gonna do amazing, I'll be there cheering you on! My parents will be there to because Fangs and you!" I tell her. "You're a smart girl and you're gonna be amazing because you are amazing! And if you mess up, I'll be the only one who knows! But I won't bring it up until we have kids." She laughs a little. "This speech is amazing and you're amazing!" I tell her. "You're gonna do great." I whisper. "You're right. But I haven't spoken in front of that many people." She whispers. "That's a lie." I say. "W-what?" I looks at me. "Jug told me about how you spoke in front of the entire school after your brother died." I explain. She looks away. "I don't know what you're talking about." I roll my eyes. I rap my arms around her and we lie down on the bed. I kiss her. There's a knock on the door. "Toni!" I look and see Mom. "What's up?" I ask quietly. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize you where here Cheryl." She says. Cheryl and I both sit up awkwardly. "Every-everything ok?" I ask. "No!" Mom says. "Fangs, is in the hospital with his mom. She was in a car accident and they found out she has Cancer." She says slightly awkwardly. "O-oh." I look down. "How's Fangs doing?" I ask concerned. "Not well, he's with Dad, processing..." I look down. I nod. "Do they know how bad?" Cheryl ask quietly. "I don't know, I didn't ask."  We both nod. "I'm gonna go now." Mom leaves. I rub Cheryl's back. I take a deep breath. "Fangs must be losing his mind." I whisper. "More than usual." She's adds. "Definitely." I nod. "He can't be ok." I whisper. "I should go check on him." I start to get up but she stops me. "Give him some time." She whispers. "You're right." I sit down. "Wait for him to get home unless he doesn't come home tonight than grab him." She tells me. 

Fangs walks into my room after coming home from the hospital. "Hey, you ok?" I ask quietly. "They caught it to late, they're only giving her a few months." He whispers. "I was asking how you were doing." I say awkwardly. "I don't- I don't know." I pull him into a hug. "I can't lose her." He cries. "I know." I whisper. "I know." I rub her back. "It's gonna be ok!" I tell him. "Mom and I have our differences but she's still my mom." He whispers. "You still have time with her! Take advantage of that." I whisper. "Yeah." He nods. "You're mom gets out tomorrow, you're graduating in 3 days. She's going to be there for you." He nods desperately trying to calm himself. "I still don't want to live with her though." He says not really want to admit it. "It's ok." I tell him. He nods. "Yeah."