New Year's.

Rachel and Kristie are in different timezones but still manage to spend New Year's together.

Rachel sat down on the chair in her parents' living room. She was surrounded by some friends and family for New Year's Eve. It was 11:30pm, almost close to the New Year. She checked her phone and saw it was 6:30 pm where Kristie was, which was in Massachusetts. The two FaceTimed a couple days before, but they hadn't found proper time to do that again, so they stuck to texting each other. She thought about texting her to ask her if she would like to FaceTime, but didn't want to be a bother. As she thought about texting her, she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.

Kristie: Heeey, what are you up to?

Rachel: Just sitting in my living room with my fam. It's close to midnight, how about you?

Kristie: Same, dinner should be finished soon. It's 6pm here. Sucks that we can't be together rn:(

Rachel: I know, I' miss you! Can't wait to be reunited xx

Kristie: Can you FaceTime for a bit?

Rachel: Of course, I'd love that.

Rachel excused herself from the room and walked upstairs and into her old bedroom. She needed to be someplace quiet to be able to hear her girlfriend speak. Just moments later, her phone started ringing. She accepted the FaceTime request as she sat comfortably on the edge of her bed.

"Hey, you! I'm surprised you're not asleep yet!" Kristie greeted Rachel, teasing her for being such an early sleeper.

"Oh shut it! How are you guys doing over there?" Rachel could see Sam and a few other family members in the background. Kristie signaled Sam over to come say hi to Rachel.

"We're doing just well! Sammy's being a little annoying tonight though." Kristie said a little loud for her sister to hear as she walked away. Rachel laughed at the little interaction between them. She had gotten closer with Sam since Kris and her started dating. "How about you? Are you alone?" Kristie asked as she took notice how quiet Rachel was.

"Oh, no. Actually, I've got family and friends downstairs. I just wanted some silence so I could hear you. I've got to head down in just a bit, it's three minutes till midnight."

"Oh, boo. I don't want to keep you away for too long. I just wanted to hear your voice and see you! It's been a while, hasn't it?" Rachel and Kristie haven't seen each other since the week of Thanksgiving. Kristie left to go to Massachusetts that week while Rachel stayed in Texas. Then, the following week Rachel flew across the pond to spend the holidays with her family.

"It has been. I promise I'll make it up to you when I get back! We've still got time before the season begins, don't you worry." Rachel and Kristie would be reunited in just a week and they were both eagerly excited to see one another.

"It's midnight there, so happy New Year!" Kristie exclaimed and blew a small kiss into the camera. A small blush spread across Rachel's cheeks. After a couple of more minutes talking, they said their goodbyes. Rachel went back downstairs to see everyone hugging each other. That quick call from Kristie had made Rachel's entire night and she wouldn't stop thinking about it. It only made her miss her more and think about the fact that they would be reunited next week.