Chapter 10-Zuko

I thought of my mother as I sat at that pond, where I and my mother used to sit by the small pond in a garden on the palace grounds, feeding turtle ducks back when I was a kid, then she got banished. I haven't been to the pond since my mother left.

This time I got the love of my life with me, I still saw those turtle ducks as they swam. Finding some bread I started to feed them. Like I did all those years ago and now I can share new memories with someone I trust and love. Unlike Mai who was just cold and distant. Luckily, she is at boiling rock.

I felt ahead on my shoulder, and there we just stayed but there was one question going in both of our minds. Are we together? We didn't have the courage, it looked like he was going to, "Are we together?" and my response is, " Yes."

I grabbed my only and laid her on my chest, Realizing we have shared no words. But words are not needed for this moment, just each other's comfort. We just sat there in silence as I heard a snore coming from my chest, looking down and sawing my beautiful lady asleep, smiling at the sight I didn't have any desire to move. The night came as we fell asleep at that turtle duck pond.

The next morning came, as I woke up early. I stared at my sweetheart, with the sun shining on her looking at that beautiful face. I can't believe she's all mine. Every morning you bring me new hopes and new opportunities. No matter what life might bring you today, I want you to promise me you will never allow it to take away your beautiful smile. I will always do my best to bring your smile back to beauty whenever it fades away. I love you beyond words. Zuko smiled. Drawing her closer to him, he inhaled her sweet scent, gently caressing her chocolate-brown tresses with his fingers. Katara sighed contently in her sleep and snuggled closer into his warm embrace.

As he continued to stroke her hair, Zuko again wondered why Agni had been so kind to him by blessing me with such a great life.

Then a thought came into my head. I've been pulling off for a while, making her my Fire Lady, and to ask her I got a little surprise.

Because I'm going to need some help, one who genuinely believed in the power of the people. One who could motivate and inspire people, wasn't seeking glory or praise or any reward and simply, genuinely and unselfishly just wanted to help these people. She would've made an excellent leader.

Zuko's hand moved away from his new girlfriend's soft hair to caress her shoulder before his fingers trailed down her arm. Then he leaned down to kiss her temple, inhaling her scent once again. Katara stirred and murmured as sleep began to leave her eyes.

"Good morning, love," the Fire Lord greeted lovingly as he continued to stroke her caramel-colored skin.

Opening her sea-blue eyes, Katara looked up to see her new boyfriend's face and smiled sweetly.

"Zuko. Good morning, handsome," she replied with a grin, lifting her hand to caress his face. "Did you sleep well, my love?" she asked.

Grabbing her small hand towards his face, Zuko kissed her fingers before replying, "Wonderfully."

He then leaned his head down to place a soft kiss on her lips.

"I just can't believe we went from enemies now to lovers," Katara whispered.

Zuko gently smiles. "I know, love, but I wouldn't want it any other way." He caressed her cheek with such love that he held for the waterbender.

The Waterbender lost in her thoughts. It took a good second for Zuko to realize his girlfriend was unusually quiet, and it took another before he spoke.

"Something wrong Katara?" Zuko asked, glancing at the Waterbender. Katara blinked, somewhat startled before she realized Zuko had been talking to her.

"Oh, not really. At least, I don't think it's important..." She muttered, but Zuko heard her anyway.

"Maybe to you, it's not, but it is to me. Tell me what's on your mind." The Waterbender sighed, knowing that Zuko will get it out of her somehow. "Did you ever think that we'll get together?" Zuko seemed a little thrown off by the question, he thought of the answer for a second.

"Um, not in the beginning, like you said we were enemies." Zuko turns to ask a question "Does that answer satisfy you?"

Katara nodded, "Yes thank you, love, man I got to get used to calling you that."

Zuko chuckled, "Man I love you." He declared, before he continued making love to her mouth. She moaned as he deepened the kiss, pushing his tongue into her sensitive mouth, their tongues dancing around each other passionately.

"Don't you have a meeting to attend to, my lord?" she asked breathlessly when they finally pulled apart to catch their breaths.

The Fire Lord grinned mischievously. Katara saw the devious glint in his molten golden eyes and at the welcome anticipation that coursed through her body.

"It can wait," he replied huskily as he gently pushed her onto her back, settling himself on top of her lithe form.