Chapter 5 | Jungkook

Bitterness, that's what I felt right now. The taste of bitterness and sourness lingered in the air making the atmosphere almost hard to breathe. The movie playing on the screen is a romcom, usually, the air must be wavering with chuckles and laughters but the room is lifeless. After the introduction a little cold war broke out and somehow we ended up watching the movie together with Jimin, and believe me its not the best thing to do.

I sat in the middle of the couch with Jungkook and Hana on either side, even though we have chairs Jimin sat on the floor and made himself comfortable by laying his board back against my legs. I can see Jungkook shooting a cold sharp glance at Jimin at times but that jerk isn't bothered at all.

At the corner of my eye I saw Hana looking with amusement at me and then Jungkook and Jimin while she munched her popcorn.

"What?!", I shout whispered at her. Her response was a little shrug yet she continued to see us every now and then.

"See the movie and not us!", I mumbled to her with a frown.

"Well, what's more interesting than a live love triangle drama of young love willing to burst yet coldness was at its peak?" She said dramatically.

"Gibberish!", She shrugged again with a cheeky smile while crunching her popcorn.

My eyes were fixed on the big screen flashing with a lovely movie yet I was not paying attention, my mind drowned with thoughts and unknowingly I fell into my dreamland well as of now nightmare world.

~3.00 am~

Jungkook's POV

The sound of the faint music in the background hit my eardrum and my eyes slowly flickered open, few blinks until my vision became clear and sharp. I looked around analyzing my state and my surrounding, everybody was snoring to sleep, y/n's head occupied Hana's shoulders and Hana's head on top of y/n's head both catching some Z's, while that jerk Jimin slept with his hands folded together as his head laid on y/n's lap, all covered in their cozy blankets warm and comfortable.

My eyes found y/n sleeping beautifully, it hurts deep down for some reason, I felt suffocating and made my way to the balcony upstairs. The cold winter wind stroked my skin making every hair of my body stand erect, the moon shined brightly in the dark night sky just like y/n, my lips curved into a sad smile, I exhaled loudly.

"Teen probs?", I heard the voice which got on my nerves, I chose to ignore his existence and focus on my view as thoughts engulfed me.

"You like y/n don't you?", Those words fell in an amusing tone, instantly I felt my cheeks become warm.

"So obvious", an awkward silence took over the calm moment I had.

"But I'm sure that dumbass don't know", I turned to look at his figure, his hands laid on the railing as his eyes gleamed at the moon just like mine. And he spoke again,

"As far as I know that dumbass sees you as a loving brother", those words, why? Why does it feel like a blunt knife is piercing into my heart slowly and painfully? I felt my heart pounding in ache. Wait why does his words making me feel this way?

"What do you know?!", Rage slowly bubbled all over my body. He saw with a cheeky smile and ruffled my messy brown hair before stepping out of the area leaving my heart and mind in pain and confusion.

"Ah Jimin what are you doing here?", I heard her voice sweet like a sonnet. My heartbeat raising in an abnormal rate.

"Nothing doll", I think he needs an immense kiss from my fist for damn's sake. Then the footsteps faded away.

"Jungkook?", I heard her entering the balcony, as the cold air touched her pale skin she hugged her feeble body to make her warm. Y/n...

I felt a confusing tide taking over my body which turned into confidence.

"Jungkook come inside before we could freeze to death!", He exclaimed as she saw me with a deadly stare.

"Y/n..."

"What?", Her voice shivering due to the cold surrounding our bodies. I took a breath.

"I love you, Jung Y/n", without a second thought, without a steady heart, a proper time, I did it, I confessed. She was flabbergasted for a few seconds and it slowly turned into laughter.

"Dumb head that was dramatic", she smiled at me, the pain in my heart increased at a deadly pace.

"Y/n...", I let my feelings take over my body, my voice came out seriously which made y/n stop her actions.

"I love you y/n", at this point I felt tears slipping from the corner of my eyes.

"I love you too Junko-"

"I love you as a man loves his woman", my eyes were dead serious, and she stood still for a few seconds and the guilt struck her face. I knew I messed up my friendship of 5 years.

"I-"

"Tomorrow at 5:00 pm at the central park, take your time y/n", I left the place immediately, it ached so much to see her, she felt guilty that she loves me in a way I don't.

"Bad move kid", I heard him say as I walked passed him. Tears slid down my cheeks as I quickly grabbed my coat,

"Jungkook where are you g-", before a sleepy Hana could ask her question, I gave her smile and left the house.

Y/n's POV

I stood there feeling numb and the feelings I never felt took over me as I fell on my knees and crouched myself into a ball, hugging my figure tightly as tears gushed down like a waterfall. What happened? Why Jungkook? A lot of sad thoughts freaked my mind, my sobs became uncontrollably.

"It hurts right? Rather guilty, doll", his voice filled me with a feeling of unpleasantness, his figure near me not helping at all, somehow I felt its all his fault.

"Y/n its okay, breath, it's gonna be alright -"

"Get away from me!", I screamed at his face and his expression was like he already knew all of this was gonna happen.

"Y/n?....Y/n?!", Hana quickly took me into her embrace as she saw my state. She took me to my room.

A very unpleasant day indeed

A/N :)

Thanks for your time! Have a pleasant day.💕