Dreamer #3

Loosing a life is hard

Especially if that life is the closest thing you had to safety and happiness.

I lost my aunt due to cancer at the age of 16, even though, it's been 3 years, I'm still not over it. The red button of her memories are still playing in my head and it hurts.

Even though, I only used to see her once a year, I still felt so close to her. She had the kindest heart, one filled with so much love for the world that it was impossible to stay mad at her. She would always find a way to break your grudge against her and make you laugh till your sides hurt.

She had the brightest smile, personality and morals.

She would always compliment my laugh, in order, to hear more of it.

She was a ray of the fallen rainbow, unfortunately, god decided to take his fallen ray back after 3 years of battling with cancer.

It all started in 2010, my aunt felt dizzy when we were cleaning the house. At first we brushed it off. We didn't it take it seriously until few months later.

She felt unconscious again but this time she wouldn't wake up, I was only 9 at that time and seeing that scene immensely scared me, I didn't obviously know what was going on. I just knew it was bad.

We took her to the hospital to a specialist, who later said everything is fine it's  just due to the weather and sun. But he also said that we should take her to MRI to which she didn't agree and kept on brushing it off saying that nothing is wrong with her and she is okay.

Until not much later, she felt dizzy again. This time we didn't listen to her and took her to the MRI. Unfortunately we couldn't be there for the result but she promised that she would tell us the outcome.

After knowing, she was so shocked, she didn't even know what to say. After some hesitation, she happily said I have tumour.

My mom and I froze upon the unexpected news.

Ever since that day, I lost my hope in studying, I was so hurt no one could do anything. Years passed and my marks kept getting lower but she was getting better. She finally had the motivation to survive. She was happy.

Not for long.

In 2017, we revived a call from my grandmother telling us her symptoms are returning full force. My mom quickly booked a ticket. I left with her too, not caring I had my IGCSE's. She was more important. Before leaving, she had told me, "Come back as soon as your exams are done."

However, it was too late, she had already joined the other rays of rainbow in the sky.

After her death, my life suddenly changed, I realised who were my real and fake friends.

I changed schools, met brilliant new people, who I call my closest friends today.

I distanced myself from my old friends with no regrets.

I came to know that real friends stay with you through thick and thin. They never leave no matter what.

If anyone of them are reading this, I just want to say, I love you and thank you always there for me! It means a lot!

I will forever try to make her proud.

To whomever that's reading this, go spend times with your loved ones and hug them tight. You never know when god will chose one of them become apart of his radiant, beautiful rainbow. 

                                               💫💌 Aniseh💌💫