Thoughts of a Dreamer

A blessing or a curse?!

Today I asked my uncle, "if my parents can't endure my separation from them then how can they endure it when I'm married?"

He answered, "it's different because they are reassured that your husband is there to take care of you. And them knowing you are not alone puts a drop of calmness in their hearts.

(But how can they grantee the guy beside me wouldn't make me suffer. How can they grantee I'm going to be happy with a stranger beside me?)

His answered made my insides boil because no matter how much we pretend equality has improved, in reality it hasn't. It never did, at-least in Asian countries.

Women still suffer but now in silence. They still behold their pain inside their heart because somewhere within their head the words of how their survival depends on men is engraved in dark bold letters.

And it's a known fact how when it comes to survival every species around the world is ready to pay unpredictable prices. However, when it comes to women in Asia their silence and constant pain is the price they're willing to pay. Why? Because again from a young age they have been brainwashed into thinking they can't do anything without the assistance or presence of a male! This is bullshit and I will never believe it till the day I die!

We have lost too many dreams and potentials due to this sickening mindset forced upon us!

I refuse to fall victim to this toxic mindset! I know my worth! And it's definitely more than what society has set for me!

Therefore, I'm tired of my gender being the first thing people notice about me, instead of, my goals, achievements, visions, etc.

They neglect all these important aspects of me and point the obvious!

Now tell me, is being a women, a blessing or a curse ?

————————————————————————

They keep constantly telling me I don't understand, but what exactly don't I understand?

They think I don't understand the reason they try to pull me away from the real world, from reality, is because they are trying to protect the precious gift that makes me a real women.

I say, "precious gift" with mock behind my tone because what was supposed to be something precious to me, something I'm suppose to cherish has become my worst enemy.

It has turned into something I look at with venom, not appreciation.

Something when thinking about, my mind gets filled with dark gloomy colours not vibrant bright ones.

I just ask why? Why did u make something I'm suppose to love turn into something I despise? Why?

Dear world, why are you making me hate my women hood instead of appreciating it?