Chapter 4 - Festive Faces

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters, they all belong to the writers and creators of The Vampire Diaries.

----------------------------------------------------------------

It was now seven days until Christmas, and today was the day of the Mikaelson's Christmas Party. It had been organised and arranged by both Rebekah and Caroline. Unlike high school, they managed to work alongside each other and plan everything.

The house was decorated fully now, it wasn't just the sitting room that was filled with decorations, but the front garden had Christmas ornaments and lights. They had even paced a blow up Santa near the front door and no matter how much Klaus and Elijah claimed that these quirks would ruined their reputation the girls didn't sway.

It was getting close the start and everyone was dressing up, the theme was obviously christmas colours or a costume that was to do with this festive holiday. Much to Klaus's annoyance Caroline had found a costume for him.

It was green and full of fur, he knew the character well and he really didn't want to take part in this. But he was convinced by Caroline giving a brief flash of her very revealing outfit. Klaus wasn't the only original to be bought an outfit, Kol's was going to be everything he would hate and that was what made Bonnie pick it, he was the Christmas pudding.

Matt had been roped into the party and the themed dress code. Unfortunately he was also quite unlucky and was dressed in a black and blue outfit. The blue exterior was shaped in a box and it held a silver bow on the front. He was a present.

Lastly Elijah, it seemed sensible enough for him to be the big man of christmas. After all he was the head of his family now. Plus it would look good to see Elijah in anything bright coloured and not a suit. Well a suit without the padding anyway.

When everyone met up in the foyer they each got to take in everyone's appearance. And of course in thus instant the women could wear anything and make it look beautiful and sexy and that's exactly what the men thought.

Caroline was wearing a white dress with thin straps, it came above the knee. She also hard a pair of wings strapped to her shoulders. To top it off she wore a tiara that had a halo attached to it. She was the Angel and she definitely looked like one.

Bonnie was wearing a strapless green dress, on the top and bottom edges of the dress were red trimmings. She had red high heels and an green elf hat to finish the costume. The ball of her hat was red and held a bell inside.

Rebekah also wearing a short dress had found herself looking like a reindeer. It was a brown strapless dress, it reached the middle on her thighs and she wore fish nets to complete the look. The middle of the dress held a white patch and her arms were covered in brown sleeves. Finally she wore a red fuzzy nose and a pair of antlers.

Matching her boyfriends consume, Elena wore the sexy Miss Santa outfit. It was a strapless red dress that was quite short. Both the top and bottom edges of the dress were lined with white fur and at the top it had a good. Also lined with white fur.

She completed the outfit with red high heels.

They were all dressed for the occasion and all that was needed now was the guests.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Love...how is it that I have to dress in a furry green outfit with shiny things stuck on them and you get to wear such a revealing dress." Klaus asked gently to his baby vampire.

"Well it was either this or the grinch and because you're no longer the evil hybrid, or trying not to be, I thought a Christmas tree was the best choice. Anyway at least you don't look like Kol dressed like poo" Caroline tried to hold in the laugh but it was too hard and she let out a loud throaty laugh, Klaus followed when he took a glance at his pouting brother, who could hear every word they were saying.

-

Rebekah kept having too follow Matt around, his costume seemed to take up too much room and knock people out of the way. He was close to knocking a tray out of a waiters hand. His costume was shaped like a box which meant he couldn't see the bulge that stuck out at the back. Rebekah felt sorry for putting Matt through such torture.

But she redeemed herself when she stopped him walking, when he turned around and gave her a questioning look she pointed upwards. Above them hung mistletoe. Rebekah wrapped her arms around his neck and embraced him in a scorching kiss. Even though it was a little difficult to get close to each other with his outfit, it was still worth it.

-

"Stop laughing little witch" Kol said sternly.

Bonnie couldn't seem to control her emotions, Kol had walked off twice trying to make her jealous but it always backfired. The first try was responded with laughter, of course it was at him rather than with him and the second time cutest pudding in the room. And Kol being the type of man he is doesn't like to be seen as anything sappy and weak.

"I can't help it. Bekah told me what you did with the presents, now you get to taste your own pudding" Bonnie continued to laugh and watch as Kol pouted like a child.

"Is there anything you women don't share with each other..." Kol folded his arms and huffed "well this pudding is going to soak himself in whiskey" he kissed Bonnie on the cheek and went in search of the bar.

-

Elena had matched her outfit with Elijah's. Funnily enough she found him relaxed and enjoying himself even with people calling him Santa. He was currently sitting down near the fire conversing with fellow vampires when Elena sat on his lap.

As if on cue Elijah wrapped his arm around Elena and asked "and what would lovely Elena like for Christmas?" Elena wrapped her arm around his neck and kissed him passionately, she ignored the men that were previously talking to Elijah.

She pulled back and whispered in his ear "I have all I want...you" Elijah stood up quickly and was holding Elena bridal style. He quickly vampire sped to his room and locked the door behind him. The last thing anyone heard was a feminine squeal and then it was silent. No one saw them again until the next morning.