Chapter 6 - Last Minute Findings

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters, they all belong to the writers and creators of The Vampire Diaries.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caroline had finally thought of something that would interest her boyfriend. Being with a man who had experienced life in different decades. He had been on this earth a millennia and no one other than his siblings and could say the same. No would appreciate the little things like they did.

So when it came to buying a simple Christmas present for the Original hybrid, it was definitely a difficult job. Caroline also knew she wasn't alone in this problem as her best friends had the same problem. At least Bonnie had it a little easier because her boyfriend had annoyed Klaus that much it resulted him being in a box and missing out on some trends in the 21st century.

However she couldn't say the same for herself and Elena. Elijah had been around longer than Klaus, being the noble and honourable brother, Elijah was never daggered for long periods of time. He experience as much as Klaus had. He had the business acumen that meant he would want for nothing.

Caroline had wracked her brains for the last two weeks and now that it was so close, an idea struck her. She knew her boyfriend would like it, maybe disapprove at first but he wouldn't be able resist for long. First though she needed the help of her best friend.

Caroline walked into the residence she shared with Bonnie and Elena. They decided it was best to live separately from the originals. The constant bickering got on her nerves and Bonnie didn't feel comfortable living with the most powerful supernatural beings. She may be with one of them, but it didn't mean she wanted to live with them. The girls decided to stay together.

Jeremy lived in a flat outside of New Orleans. He wanted to be close to his sister but live his own life without constant supernatural interference. Matt wasn't so deterred because of his relationship with Rebekah. He lived really close to the girls, as only ten minutes from the originals. He wanted his privacy and he even had a job at rousseau's bar.

"Elena! Are you here?" Caroline shouted through the house, although she didn't really need to speak loudly as Elena would hear her even if she whispered.

"I'm in my room" Elena's voice echoed through the house, Caroline used vampire speed to go up the flight of states and into Elena's room. She quickly sat on the bed and watched as Elena was wrapping a present on the floor.

"Hey"

"Hey Care, is everything alright?" Elena made a quick glance up to Caroline on the bed and watched her friend shift uncomfortably under her gaze.

"I just...I need your help. I didn't want to have to ask, but it's Christmas...and I couldn't think of anything to get Klaus because he's like a thousand years old. But please please please! I need to ask you a big favour 'Lena." Caroline's speech was rushed and then she resorted to pleading.

Elena looked at her best friend with amusement, she never planned on saying no so she didn't understand why her best friend was worrying. Whatever it was...it was a big deal.

With vampire hearing they heard the front door open and close, they had a steady heartbeat. It was Bonnie.

"Care, 'Lena...is anyone home?!" Bonnie shouted around the house and both vampires used their increased speed to descend the stairs.

"We're here" they both said at the same time. Bonnie squealed a little as they creeped up behind her. "Don't do that!" Bonnie held a hand over her heart trying to slow her breathing. "Sorry!" Caroline said immediately.

"It's alright. Well I spoke to Kol and apparently Rebekah wants to do a movie night. She had heard that that's what you do at Christmas, you watch Christmas films and eat junk food. So come on get your things we are having a sleepover at theirs.