Chapter 7 - New Traditions

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this story they all belong to the writers and creators of The Vampire Diaries.

Kol opened the front door to find three beautiful women with two bags in each hand. He was surprised to see so many bags. He had invited them over for a this movie night thing that Rebekah wanted to do, what he didn't expect was bags and bags of items. 

“I'm not going to even ask…” Kol's voice trailed off as he stepped to the side to let the trio in. He closed the door shortly after and called for his sister. “Bekah!” 

“Alright I'm coming, just tell them I'll be a few minutes.” Rebekah's voice called back, but what she got was Kol's snarky voice. 

“I'm not your bloody messenger and they can hear you anyway.” Kol Gave Bonnie a quick kiss on the cheek. “Make yourself at home” he whispered in her ear and Bonnie felt a shiver go down her spine. 

Soon Kol disappeared to the kitchen and Rebekah was now in front of them. “Hey girls, I thought a movie night was in order. Don't worry my brothers have agreed to either stay out of our way or sit and join in silence. 

“Well we brought…everything! Popcorn, chocolate, movies…oh and we brought these…” Elena held up a pair of pyjamas that had reindeers on them. She had a big grin on her face when she saw Rebekah's face light up. 

“Everyone has a pair, we already have some, so we brought guys a set also. Take your pick.” Bonnie held open a bag and let Rebekah rummage through it. They decided to get a pyjama set with Christmas trees on them, one with snowmen, another with Christmas songs on them and lastly was Santa’s face plastered all over them. 

They headed to the sitting room that had the Christmas tree and presents. The fireplace was burning nicely. They didn’t normally have a television in this room, they didn't necessarily need it as they had a movie theatre down the hall, but Rebekah wanted to be curled up by the fire. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They changed theirs clothes and if the guys wanted to join they’d have to change also.  Elena prepared the popcorn, Caroline made the hot chocolate. Meanwhile Bonnie was setting up the TV and the room. And Rebekah was trying to convince her brothers to join them. She was the baby sister and hopefully with her puppy face and a little begging, her brothers would cave. 

“Come on Nik! It's our first Christmas as a family…” Rebekah pouted and used hey baby blues to sway Klaus, but he didn't seem convinced. 

“Family…Bekah our family isn't complete at the moment not until Hope returns. It will be her first Christmas and she's not with us.” Klaus had become quite down lately,we wanted his daughter, she was innocent a clean slate that had no knowledge of his past or his wrong doings. She was everything that was pure.  

“Awww Nik, we will see Hope again. We will slaughter anyone who tries to harm her. But right now we have to celebrate what we have already and did I forget to mention Caroline is downstairs.” Rebekah didn't have to convince him anymore as her hybrid brother had used his enhanced speed to greet the baby vampire. 

It seemed that her brothers could be easily convince when she mentioned their significant others. It seemed pathetic but she knew if they tried to convince her to do something and they mentioned Matt, she would react in a similar fashion. 

Matt he was working tonight so he couldn't make it, but he promised to make it up to her. When she went back down stairs she found her best friends cuddle up with her brothers and she couldn't keep the laugh that escaped her.  

These wonderful friends of hers had convinced her brothers to dress in the same Christmas attire, they looked ridiculous. Who knew the most dangerous family in the world would slum it in Christmas pyjamas and hot chocolate with marshmallows. 

Rebekah felt like a seventh wheel with all the couples in the room, but she was soon brought out of her thoughts when a knock sounded from the front door. Being the one closest to the door and not tangled in the arms with another, Rebekah opened the door. 

She gasped when she saw Matt standing there in some pyjamas pants with a mistletoe pattern. His t-shirt was plain but that didn't matter. He grabbed her hand and closed the door. She had whispered “why aren't you at the bar?” 

“They didn't need me” Matt shrugged and took a seat in the corner and Rebekah followed him, she looked at Kol and he winked back at her. Her cheeky brother had something to do with it.