13. His mood swings

Amber's P.O.V.: 

"Hey, goodmorning!" Ryan said as soon as we came down the stairs.

"Goodmorning to you too." I said, smiling. 

"Goodmorning!" Jade said with a smile. And I guess her smile just made someone's day. I thought as I looked at Ryan who was grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"I hope you guys had a good sleep last night." he asked, looking at Jade. 

"Yes, we did." Jade replied and nodded my head as well. 

Last night, I actually had a good sleep. I mean after finally speaking my heart out in front of an unconscious Chris really made my heart lighter. Thinking of which, where's he?

I looked around but he was nowhere to be found. 

"Where is Mr. Collins?" I found myself asking this question. 

"Chris? He is attending a video conference. He will join us soon." Ryan replied. For the first time, I saw him giving me a smile. Wow! I thought he only smiled looking at Jade.   

"Oh!" I said as I thought of helping Jade in the kitchen for preparing breakfast. 

We decided to make fried eggs, bacon, bake beans and fried bread. We also made tea for everyone. I brewed coffee for Chris with no sugar. I don't know how does he drink coffee without sugar. I cannot imagine drinking coffee without sugar. 

But again, we are entirely different people. We are not similar in any ways. I sighed sadly. 

I wish Chris wasn't this complicated. Maybe then we would have been able to be with each other. 

Amber, stop thinking all this. Do you want your hear broken again?  My conscience asked. 

I shook my head. 

"What happened, Amber? You look lost." Jade asked, in concern. 

"Nothing. Are we done preparing the breakfast?" I asked, changing the topic. 

"Yes, everything's ready. Let's get the food out." she said. I nodded my head and put the breakfast on a big tray. 

I carried the dishes whereas Jade followed me carrying the tray with beverages.

We were setting the table when Ryan came. 

"Let me help!" Ryan offered as he took the plates from my hands and started setting them on the table. 

"Amber, can you please go and call Chris for the breakfast?" he said looking towards me. 

"Sure!" I said hesitantly. 

I walked towards the room and knocked on the door a few times. When there was no reply, I slowly opened the door and walked inside slowly. 

"Mr. Collins?" I searched for him.  

Where's he? I was looking for him around when suddenly I heard the sound of the opening of the bathroom and he came out in just towel which was tied dangerously low around his waist. His hair was wet and water was dripping from it and was travelling down his chest and disappeared when it reached his towel. Damn! How can a person be so sexy? Doesn't he get tired of being so sexy? 

"Like what you see, Ms. Milburn?" I heard him ask me with a smirk on his face. 

I was sure my face had turned red by now.

"I...I am here...to call you for breakfast, sir." I managed to speak. 

He walked towards me slowly and stood in front of me.