27. The Turning Point

Amber's P.O.V.:

At the Collins' Mansion...

"Yes, Hea. Tell me what's the problem." I asked as soon as I reached the mansion.

"Look for yourself." she said as she pointed her fingers towards flower arrangements.

"The flowers that they have used for decoration is Globe Thistles and Chris is allergic to them. What should we do now?" she asked, in a worried tone.

"Hea, don't worry. I will take care of it. Just relax okay." I assured her and made her sit on the couch.

I then went and talked to the flower arrangement guys and asked if something can be done about it. They suggested to few of the solutions and we started working on them.

Finally, after almost 3 hours later, we were successful in changing all the Globe thistles with Hydrangeas.

"It looks perfect, Amber. You're an angel. Thanks for helping." Hea said looking at the flower arrangements.

"I did nothing, Hea. It's all because of the flower arrangers." I replied.

*****

Finally after I was done with all the works at the mansion, I drove towards Chris' company to meet him. When I reached on his floor, his office was empty.

"Where is Mr. Collins?" I asked to Jenna, one of the employees of the floor.

"Mr. Collins has gone out to attend a meeting." she informed me.

"Oh. Thank you!" I said and walked out from there.

Why isn't he picking up my calls?

I am gonna make him suffer for this. I thought angrily.

Amber, you've become like a typical girlfriend. My conscience taunted.

I smiled thinking about it.

****

Elsa and I had planned to go out and eat and spend some best friends time so we went to one of the famous Sushi restaurants in the neighborhood and spent a quality time.

"Are you sure you want to sell your car to buy the ring?" Elsa asked me when I told her about my plan.

"I guess I am. I really want to give him something really special and the ring seems to be the perfect gift." I said, honestly.

"But, you bought that car using all your savings. Are you sure you want to sell it so easily? You always wanted your own car." she said.

"I did. But, now I have Chris and he is more important to me. It's his first birthday when we are together. I want to gift him something really precious because he himself is very precious." I said, with a smile.

"Girl, you're whipped." Elsa teased which made me chuckle.

*****

"Since, you have sold your car and have money, so let's go and buy your love band." Elsa said.

"let's go!" I said, excitedly keeping the cash inside my purse.

We went to the same Tiffany's store and placed an order for the band and also asked them to engrave our initials; C and A on it.

Chris, you're gonna love this surprise. I thought.

Though I was sad as I no longer had my own car but still there was happiness and satisfaction of getting the band for Chris.