Chapter 2

Knuckles woke up on a bed,in a room he was not familiar with.

As he sat up,he noticed an arm around him. He looked down and saw Rouge. He moved her hand and rolled to the side a bit,his body ached from yesterday. So did his muscles. Pain everywhere.
"R...rouge?"

Rouge laid peacefully on the bed. Lightly blinking her eyes.
She wore a tank top,and some tights. Since she was working out before she went to bed.
"Knuckles,your awake?"

Rouge sat up in bed and rubbed her eyes,she smiled softly at Knuckles. Knuckles stared at her in disbelief. Thoughts floated in Knuckles mind as he stared up at her.

Why am I in bed with Rouge? Why am I in her house? Is the Master Emerald ok? Why is she wearing that with me in this bed?!

"Yes, I'm awake..." Knuckles said concerned. He tried to sit up,but his body said other words.
"Ugh..."
Knuckles groaned as pain greeted him.

Rouge pushed Knuckles down softly.
"Lay down sweetie. Your body needs to rest."

Knuckles rolled his eyes,"I ain't your sweetie! Got that?!" He shouted angrily.
"Why am I here anyways? I should be at home, protecting the Emerald.  NOT IN BED WITH AN UGLY BAT!"

Knuckles screamed. Rouge gasped and covered her mouth getting out of bed, Knuckles no noticing what he said felt bad.
"R...rouge I..I didn't-"

Rouge through a pillow at Knuckles,"SHUT UP!!!" Rouge started to hit him with the pillow,as if it was a pillow fight.

"I was trying to help you Knuckles! But all you do is be mean to me?!! I gave you the rest you don't get everyday,I watched the Emerald,got a few friends to watch it. I took you into my home. I even cared for you."
Tears slid down Rouge's face.

"But,you still be rude to me..."
Rouge collapsed on Knuckles chest,the pillow between them.
"Why do you keep being mean to me?!"

Knuckles pat her back and was shocked.
Honestly,Rouge did take care of him. She did give him the rest he never gets,he got him a safe place, she even got people to do his job. And he was rude.

Ugly bat?
More like the most beautiful and smartest bat I've ever met
...
Well,only bat...

Knuckles rubbed the back of he head.
"Rouge..."
He didn't know how to explain or express how sorry he was. He just- He was used to being rude to Rouge. He never thought it would come down to this. But what you think, Ain't always true.

"I'm sorry. Your not an ugly bat, your a smart beautiful one. You did what most people wouldn't,you cared for me. You watched over the only thing I got left,a huge memory of my family. The Master Emerald."

Rouge lifted her face looking at Knuckles,her makeup slid down her cheeks with her tears. Knuckles slightly smiled and hugged her, using the strength left in him.

"Then why are you so mean to me?"
"I... I'm used to us fighting a lot, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

Rouge lifted her head and nodded.
"I...I forgive you Knuckles."

Knuckles smiled,he slowly lifted himself up.
Rouge giggled, about to tease Knuckles.
"I love you hunny."

Knuckles turned red. He looked at her and looked away,he mumbled,"I love you...t...too..."

Rouge smiles, hearing Knuckles with her large bat ears. She walked off and blushed. Knuckles said he loved her,what a thought.

***At night***

Knuckles had been in bed, trying to stand. He's been stretching, trying to get out of bed and etc. But Rouge refuses for him to do so.

"Say Ah!"
Rouge said with a fork of chicken in her hands.

Knuckles frowned,"I can feed my self."
Rouge raised an eyebrow at Knuckles.
"Say Ah."

Knuckles rolled his eyes and widened his mouth as she set the food in it.
"There you go cutie,look at you~ listening to your mommy~"

Knuckles blushed and crossed his arms,"Don't say that! I'm not a child!"

Rouge rolled he eyes playfully and set the plate to the side.
"Then let's see."

Knuckles watched her,puzzled.
Rouge took off her shirt and Knuckles closed his eyes,he opened them slowly to see Rouge in a sport bra.
"What,what are you doing?"

Rouge giggled,"it's hot. I can't watch a horror movie when I'm hot."

Knuckles quickly hopped out bed. The pain had...went away?

Yes!!! Finally!!!

Knuckles thought as he looked at Rouge.
"Well, I'm going back home."
He walked towards the door but Rouge grabbed his arm, Knuckles turned and looked at her .
"B...but Knuckles...can you...watch the movie with me...p.. please?"

Rouge looked at him hoping he'd say yes. "f...fine. Only cause you took care of me."

He sat on the bed and looked at the TV in front of him,Rouge wen in the restroom,and put on some panties?
Knuckles mouth dropped,"what are yo doing Rouge? Put something on!!!"

Rouge got in the bed,"I am... it's you."
She crawled onto Knuckles and set her head on his chest, snuggling. Knuckles looked away blushing as Rouge grabbed her hand and set it on her thigh.
"Let's begin."

Knuckles turned the movie on with the remote as they watched. Every scary scene Rouge would squeeze Knuckles and scream a bit, Knuckles would chuckle and tell her it was alright.

They were in the middle of the movie,when some Rated R stuff started happening. Knuckles looked away and Rouge looked up at Knuckles.
"Knuckles~ what's wrong sweetie?"
Knuckles looked at her,"nothing."

She unpaused the movie, Knuckles rubbed Rouge's thigh accidentally. Making Rouge bite her lip and moan a little.
"Rouge...I...I don't feel comfortable."

Rouge nodded. Knuckles grabbed her thigh and looked at her,he bit his lip then kissed her. ("Rouge~"K... Knuckles~ I love...""you."")

They moaned and into the night, without knowing,

They mated.