Chapter 5

****morning***

Knuckles was already up before Rouge. He was getting the island ready,for there date... that's at 7pm...

Knuckles had stopped once finished. He sat on the Master Emerald, thinking of Rouge.

Rouge was just awakening,she was eating breakfast,and about to visit Knuckles. GUN called he telling her she had a mission,it was gonna last about a year.
"Just...a whole different piece of my heart."

Knuckles looked up at the sky,and just... daydreamed. Rouge would be beautiful,as always. Her nice, thoughtful personality would still his breath away.

Rouge went to visit her friends instead. Since she had time,She would visit him when sh had time, before she left.
She went to Sally's house and everyone was there. Even the boys.
"O~ look who gots a date with Knucklehead?"
Sonic chuckled.

Rouge blushed sitting down,"One of a kind, Knuckles is one of a kind~"
Rouge smiled blushing,Sally shook her head.
"We should all go visit Knucklehead this morning, you know,to see if he's awake."

Shadow rolled his eyes,"let's go then."
"Ok..."

***At Knuckles place/Angel island***

Knuckles sat on the Master Emerald,he didn't even hear everyone land. Rouge slowly walked upon him while everyone hid. She set her hand on his and sat by him.
"Hi Knucklehead..."

Knuckles sees her,"Hello Beautiful."
Knuckles and Rouge stare at each other for quite sometime. Knuckles stood up,"Gorgeous as always. So what are you up here for? Not me,right?" He chuckled to himself.

"Of course it's you!" She jumped on Knuckles and wrapped her legs around him.
"Your too perfect to not visit~" Rouge said as she kissed him suddenly.

Knuckles chuckled and kissed her back. He leaned her onto the Emerald.
They then looked each other in the eyes,"o Knuckles...I wish this could never end..."

Knuckles smiled and raised an eyebrow.
"Going to have to argue sometime sweetheart..."
Rouge giggled,"ok Knucklehead..."

Knuckles sets her down,"Don't be batty." He sits on the Master Emerald and look at the sky.
Rouge rolls her eyes playfully,"I won't..."
Knuckles laughs,"Yeah. Don't try to take the Master Emerald..."
Rouge giggled,"I'm afraid I can't do that sweetie."

Knuckles turns around and looks at her,"Heh,"
He jumps off the Emerald,"I guess I need to make you?!"
Rouge backs away,"if you can catch me!"

Rouge gets in the air,followed by Knuckles. Knuckles tackles her,Rouge landed on  back as he pinned her t the floor,"Got you Batsy~"

He leaned in and kissed her. They had a long passionate kiss. "Hey lovebirds?!"
Sally said walking from behind the trees.
Knuckles released from the kiss and saw Sally.
"Hey."
Rouge waved. Sally laughed,"you two will be a good couple~"

Knuckles blushed and looked away,"sure~" he rolled his eyes playfully. Rouge smiled and jumped on Knuckles. She hugged him,nice and tight. "Your all mine. Your my Emerald~"

Knuckles blushed,"I ain't that expensive..."
"To anyone who doesn't care your not,but your all I want. All I need."
She laid on Knuckles,looking in his eyes.
"Your special."

Knuckles smiled. Rouge kissed his cheek and sat down beside him. Sonic and Shadow walked over.
"Knuckles, are you turning into a big softy?!"
Sonic asked.
"Yeah,what if we need your strength? And your over here,a husband and everything else. Such as a father?!"

Knuckles chuckled,"nah I'm stiff hard as a rock. But,that isn't a bad idea..."
He looked at Rouge and raised an eyebrow,"wanna become a mother?"

Rouge looked away,"already am."
Sonic sat down and Knuckles was confused. Shadow chuckled,"Damn Knuckles, someone got her before you."
Knuckles rolled his eyes.

"No. The child IS Knuckles."
Everyone gasped,"Since when?"
Knuckles asked shocked.
"Since Scary Movie night."

Knuckles looked at her awkwardly,"O yeah...hehe...I remember now...you wanted me to stay over just for a movie. Turned out all night."

"Ooo~ Knuckles, already doing his thing."
Sally giggled out.
Sonic nodded,"Already breeding."
Knuckles stood up,"That was fun. I'd go for round two any day."
He leaned against the Master Emerald and looked at Rouge.

"Maybe...after the first child." Rouge smiled.
Shadow chuckled,"Oh We got a family here."
Knuckles grinned. Rouge glanced at Knuckles.
Knuckles back leaned on the Emerald,his eyes closed,his arms crossed. The same old Echidna that stole her heart,he opened one eye and saw her. He smiled then closed his eye.

"Knuckles," Knuckles opened his eyes and looked at her,"yeah Rouge?"
"I gotta go ."
Knuckles walked over to her,she did the same. They met and held hands.
"Really? Now?"
Knuckles asked. Rouge nodded saddly,"yeah Knucklehead...I got a mission. They told me this morning,sorry. I'm gonna miss you."
Knuckles sadly smiled,"I'm gonna miss you more beautiful..."

Knuckles kissed her,they then hugged. A tear fell down Knuckles face."see ya later....my love,and be safe..."
Rouge started to cry,"ok Knucklehead."

Knuckles released from the hug,he wiped her tears,"I love you." He kissed her lips and then released her,"b..bye Knuckles.. I'll be back before you know it."

She flapped her wings. And into the sky she went. She spun in the clouds. And wrote

I love you Knuckles!

Knuckles started to cry,"Rouge.....come back soon... please..." Knuckles shut his eyes and clutched his teeth. He then Shouted,"I love you too!"

Rouge had tears flow down her face and flew off. Knuckles opened his eyes. Tears flowed down his face.

"What's wrong buddy?" Sonic asked rubbing Knuckles back.
"She'll be back soon."
Knuckles looked at Sonic,"I've never felt so happy,and now...what brings me peace...will be gone for a while."
"It's ok,Shadow will watch over her."

Shadow nodded and chaos controlled to GUN. Sally cried,"you two are so adorable!"

Knuckles looked at the sky,"Till we meet again,take care of my child,Rouge. Rouge the bat,I love you."

"I love you."

The end of Book 1