4- Fourth lecture

Jeongguk was fully aware that his life was heading nowhere, that unlike his relatives or friends, he had no path drawn miraculously for him, leading him to isolate himself from the rest of the world. As he saw no point in his life, he decided to live each day aimlessly, waiting for the night to come so he can meet his hyungs at their favorite cafe, and then he could finally feel like he belonged on this earth.

"Hey, Jeongguk,"

"Yoongi hyung,"

A man a bit smaller than Jeongguk stood behind the counter, wiping clean the coffee machines.

"Do you want anything to drink?" The elder asked.

Jeongguk simply shook his head.

"Then wait a moment over there, I will be done soon and Namjoon should arrive by now,"

Jeongguk sat at their usual spot, the table in the middle, facing the entrance. It was the only time that he felt like he was at the center of the world. Soon, a man wearing glasses and holding a black tote back entered the cafe.

"Namjoon hyung!"

Jeongguk quickly stood up at the sight of the man and smiled. It was a long time since he saw the latter and the feeling of nostalgia hit him straight into his heart.

"Jeongguk, how have you been?"

"Good, I guess,"

Namjoon leaned back on his chair and crossed his arm over his chest. Soon, Yoongi joined the two men and sat next to Namjoon, putting in front of him a cup of ice Americano.

"Thank you man,"

Jeongguk finger drummed against the wooden table, as he watched Namjoon drinking his coffee and Yoongi staring blankly at the table. Jeongguk was used to this, he simply enjoyed their presence in his life.

"So are we doing it tonight?" Yoongi asked.

"I guess yeah," Namjoon responded.

But Jeongguk was hesitant. Usually, the three of them would roam the streets at night, expressing out their frustration towards society and the government by drawing graffitis on the walls, playing music loudly, or getting into fights with random gangs. All of that while remaining masked and anonymous. It was their way of relieving their stress. When he was in his third year of high school, Jeongguk met his hyungs who showed him that to voice out your dissatisfaction was to do it while staying in the shadows. Jeongguk didn't understand much, but when he did his first graffiti on the school's wall, he felt like he sort of understood what they meant.

It felt oddly nice.

But today, it was different.

Earlier today.

After his classes, Jeongguk waited for Taehyung next to the staff room as he was asked to do so by the professor. He waited for the latter while playing games on his phone. Soon a figure appeared in front of him. It was Taehyung. He looked a bit tired, but he still managed to offer Jeongguk's a small warm smile.

"How are you doing, Jeongguk?" He asked.

Jeongguk, too engrossed in his thoughts about how Taehyung looked younger than other adults of his age, couldn't hear Taehyung's question.

"Jeongguk?" Taehyung called as he waved his hand in front of him.

The latter came back to him and was taken back when he saw Taehyung staring at him with a confused look on his face.

"Uh?"

"I asked you, how have you been doing? Are you okay?" Taehyung inquired, a bit worried.

"Ah, um, yes, I'm okay"