thunder storm

(im going to be saying "i" but im still referring to you)

boom

i shivered under the blankets after hearing the loud boom of thunder once again. i tugged on the bedsheet and tried to make myself breathe so i can calm down.
"i hope jimmy's okay" i mumble to myself. jimmy was okay he was good at being calm in situations like this. he wasn't as much of a wuss as i was (/j)

boom

that time i almost peed myself. i let out a deep breath and unwrapped myself from the multiple blankets i had wrapped around me. i stepped quietly out into the hallway hoping not to wake anyone even though i was going to wake jimmy. i stood at jimmy's door which was left open.

he was odd and left his door about halfway open with a door stopper every night. i continued to tiptoe into his room to see him laying on his back and playing on his phone.
"it's late what are you doing awake?"
i whispered even though i was wide awake myself. "i was hoping you would come" he whispered back.

my face felt hot.

i climbed into his bed and was immediately consumed by warmness i wrapped a blanket he wasn't using around me and got comfortable in his bed. i felt giant arms wrapping around my waist but stopping halfway asking for permission, i nodded and he fully wrapped his arms around me.i scooted back next to jimmy making it more comfortable for the both of us.

he sat his chin on my shoulder. "goodnight nerd " jimmy whispered "goodnight loser" i responded joking back. the pitter-patter of rain slowed down and jimmy's breathing got slower. "is this what best friends do?" i whisper into his ear. he whispered into my ear

"if you like them a lot". i didn't answer back.

I just layed there in a bit of shock.  thoughts flew through my mind

jimmy jimmy jimmy.
he knows it.
he knows what he's doing.

331 words.