eight

When Dean pulled away, he couldn't lie he almost teared up a bit. Castiel was smiling at him and he wanted to just hug him and never let go. And well.. anyways. "Buddy oh my god, you're actually back." Dean says while chuckling and Cas tilted his head at Dean. "Buddy?" Castiel asks and Dean looked at Sam who shrugged. "You remember us fully right?" Dean asks to confirm and Cas nods. "Yes but isn't buddy used for friends?" Cas asks and Dean nods. "Yeah, which is why I called you that. We are still friends right?" Dean asks and even though Castiel looked confused he nodded. Dean decided he'd talk to him later about it.

Sam walked over, pulling Castiel into a hug. "Glad to have to back man, we missed you." Sam says as they pull away and Castiel nods. "I know, I've heard all your prayers." Cas says and that relieved them both in a way. At least he was listening, he heard them. Except that scared Dean because he prayed countless times while emotional and he can't recall what he had even said. Castiel would remember though, he remembered everything. They caught the angel up on everything, they sat down, and just talked about what he missed. Every single detail. "Wait you actually stopped hunting for a bit?" Cas asks and Dean nodded. "He was kinda torn up about it. He really missed you." Sam says and Dean shot him a sly glare before looking at Castiel.

"I'm aware, your prayers, especially the ones I heard whilst in the empty showed that. They were very.. heartfelt and sad." Castiel says and Dean groaned throwing his head back. "Anyways," he announced loudly. "All that matters is we have you back." Dean says and Sam nods. Cas smiled a bit, also glad to be back. "Wait you're able to fly again right? I noticed you couldn't have come I through the door we would've heard." Sam says and Castiel nodded. "Yeah, I can actually. I'm as powerful as I was before I met you guys. I'm.. surprised I still have my memories actually." Castiel states and Dean raised his eyebrows but didn't question it.

They should be used to all the weird shit that happens to them by now. The rest of the night was amazing. They went for a drive, talked and caught up with eachother. More so the brothers catching Castiel up. They went to a bar, had a few drinks and laughed among themselves. It felt normal, and Dean for once enjoyed that. Dean noticed how pretty Castiel looked under the neon signs hanging in the window. His blue eyes were shining so bright and beautiful, and his smile reached his pretty eyes. His hair was slightly messy and tousled and Dean wanted to run his fingers through it a couple times to fix it up. The angel was gorgeous.

Dean felt his heart skip in his chest and he felt himself blush at that as he hurriedly took a swig of his beer. Sam noticed and smirked at Dean when he put his beer back down, causing the oldest to glare at him. "Are you okay Dean?" Castiel asked and Dean's face softened up from the glare as he turned to his best friend. "Yeah, Sam's just being a nerd." Dean says and Sam gives him a confused look and laughs. Cas didn't question it, enjoying their company too much to potentially ruin the mood. He could've read Dean's mind but he's learned that only leads to further arguments. Dean likes his privacy.

Once it hit 12, the three called it a night and headed back to the bunker. They all headed to their own rooms, but Dean couldn't sleep. He smiled at the photo of him and Cas on his nightstand, feeling triumphant. They got him back. The biggest win ever. Dean played music lowly as he laid on his bed, content. Today turned around for the better, and he couldn't be happy. It felt unreal. As if this was some sick dream that he'd wake up from and Castiel would still be gone. But it wasn't and that was what mattered. It was true and real and Dean actually felt happy. In fact, Dean was happy for now.

A light knock on his door caused him to jump as he sat up, saying a strong "come in". He figured it was Sam, checking on him to make sure he was okay, but it was actually Castiel. Which surprised him greatly, but he brushed it off. "Yeah?" Dean asks and Castiel offered a small smile. "I'm glad to be back." He says honestly and Dean nods and then remembered he needed to talk to Castiel about earlier. "Hey, Cas why did you act all weird when I called you buddy?" Dean says and Cas seemed to be in thought. "I heard all your prayers Dean. Even in the Empty I heard them." Castiel says and Dean tilted his head, genuinely confused.