A Confusing Emotion

Just like the last two times N had seen you, you disappeared. The day after you went to the cafe you had left. You weren't in town and not in the surrounding area. N had decided to ask the local Pokemon for assistance, and even then they had no answers.

N felt a heart-wrenching feeling of loneliness overtake him as he roamed to his next stop. He had no real goal on his journey other than to help any Pokemon who needed it. In that way, he was like you.

You traveled in the goal of being a temporary caretaker of anyone who needed help. N didn't know much else. He did not know if you had a home you would return to eventually. He didn't know of your past. N didn't know much about you, but he did know you were kind and gentle.

N did not find you for another few weeks. He had started to believe that he would never see you again. That upsetting feeling made him have nightmares. One's where he was alone and forgotten.

When N saw you again it was yet another random occurrence. On N's adventure, he had stopped in a forest to look for any injured Pokemon. This particular forest had a few uncommon Pokemon in it and also wanted to check for any caught in traps.

N had been searching the forest for hours and had yet to find a thing. Not one trap, pokemon, or trainer even. It was a pleasing surprise.

Upon finding a small but lovely waterfall, N, was shocked to find you knee-deep in water. You had pushed your hair out of your face. Water splashed against your legs your shorts getting a tad bit wet.

You were laughing as Dragonair splashed around in the stream. A pail of water in your hands. An Umbreon had come dashing in from our of the bushes and jumped on to your back.

Unscathed from your fall you picked up your bucket and sent a small wave of water over top Umbreon's head. You stuck out your tongue as you refilled the pail and wandered out of the water.

You picked up a pair of shoes as opened your mouth before freezing. Your eyes met N's, you both stood frozen. You closed your mouth before opening it again.

"Hello, N." you smiled, "Care for a mid-day dip?" you gestured to the stream.

The Pokemon looked over at the mention of the boy. The Umbreon's eyes lit up before they pounced on him.

"It's so good to see you again!"

N, laughed at Umbreon and ran his hand over their head. "I see you evolved."

Dragonair looked displeased at N's return into your life. Dragonair didn't hate, N, but they also did not like him. While Dragonair did not like, N, they still nodded in greeting.

"Would you like to join us for a bite to eat?"

"Please!" Umbreon begged.

"Anything to eat your cooking again."

You let out a laugh you cheeks turning pink. "Silver-tongued boy." you rolled your eyes, "Come on then."

N followed you and your Pokemon through the brush. A small cottage was hidden not too far from the stream. A small but vibrant garden was beside your home. Some Pokemon were playing in the yard.

Scolipede was pacing around the area on alert. Upon seeing you he wandered over, he bent his head down in greeting when he came to stand in front of N and you.

"It's been a while N."

"It has, hasn't it?"

Scolipede turned to look at you, "The younger ones are getting restless, I recommend starting food as soon as possible."

"Alright, keep them under control while I get things ready, " you spoke softly, a smile on your face.

N watched you prepare food, he watched you cut the fruits and mix your soup. He sat there as you worked. You're soft humming, the way you just flowed around the room. As he watched, N realized, he loved you.