Farris Wheel Rendezvous

You and N had left for town at noon. While this whole thing was supposed to be for you to "take a break" you had your suspicions it was Lilligant's weird matchmaking thing. You had taken the liberty of making a list of things to pick up while you were out.

"Even when you're supposed to be relaxing, you're working," N joked, as you pick out some bandages and healing potions.

"I know, I know." you shook your head, "I needed to pick some stuff, so I thought I should while we're here."

The lack of any pokemon following you made it much easier to get what you needed. No Umbreon who sneaks in treats. Not a Dragonair who just stares at what they want without saying anything. Not even Axew, who would run through the store by your side.

Even when the Pokémon you traveled with caused problems, it didn't feel right shopping alone. The lack of one by your side made you feel uneasy.

N had picked up on you feeling off a while ago. He knew you always traveled with a Pokémon of some kind. They placed their hand in yours as you almost started to panic.

You jumped at the sudden touch.

"You alright?" N asked softly. Squeezing your hand lightly.

"Yeah," you took a deep breath, "I'm alright."

You followed N through the city after you picked up some of the smaller things you needed. The place was busy and filled with people, something you weren't used to. As you walked through the place you often found your eyes wandering around.

"Where are we going exactly?" you finally asked. The growing crowds made your stomach twist in discomfort.

"We're almost there, just another block or so, okay?" N, smiled at you, rubbing his thumb over the knuckles of your hand.

N lead you down two more blocks before leading you into a fairground. The bright lights shone against the lavender sky. The large groups of people were loud. The many different smells of food and sweets made your nose tired.

"Sorry about the crowds, I want to take you to ride the Ferris Wheel with me." N pulled you through the crowd, always checking to make sure you never became overwhelmed.

You held onto N's hand scared of getting separated. Having never been to a place like this you were worried about getting lost.

N stood next to you, his hand intertwined with yours as you waited in line. You were both happy with standing in silence. Both of you shared the same loving smile.

You both rode the Farris wheel in silence. Sitting next to each other your hands intertwined. Peacefully, and without a care in the world you watched the honey lavender sky. Fade to a deep dark blue. Stars peeked through the dark sky and clouds.

When the ride ended you both stopped to get something to eat. You had no clue what some of the foods were and just chose to get a serving of yakisoba. N got something with a name you didn't recognize.

"I don't get what a corn dog is, it's not made of corn or a dog?" You said mostly to yourself when you and N started heading home.

"The name comes from the fact that it's dipped in is a cornbread batter," N explained though it sounded more like a question.

N laughed as you slowly shook your head. Both of you found a nice secluded area to eat. It was underneath a tall willow tree, surrounded by flowers. The area was beautiful and peaceful. You and N sat side by side, leaning against the tree.

The two of you sat there for a while, even when you both finished eating. N watched you and the pokemon. His thoughts were filled with how beautiful you looked, and how kindhearted you were. N secretly wished that he could look into your head to see how you felt about him.

You were reclusive, you didn't live close to other people. You spent every day working for the pokemon and making them happy. Instead of thinking about yourself, you took care of the world around you. If you saw injustice you took charge and called it out.

It occurred to N as he sat next to you. Even when you lived far away from people, you took note of society when you traveled. You may not have understood some things people did but you always thought of others; that made N fall in love with you all over again.