Where Ice and fire meet

Stalking someone while crawling over rocks isn't fun. Your hands had small rocks buried in skin. You had a few scratches from a particularly sharp stone. Muscles burned from when you had nearly fallen back to the ground.  Not ideal in the slightest.

    A giant cave and ravine had appeared; the group of kidnappers started to buzz. One kept speaking too loud, another seemed antsy. They pulled out their flashlights once more.

Before darring to even step foot in the cave a woman grabbed a rock. She motioned for them to step away from the entrance, the group split in half one on each side of the cave's entrance. The woman hoysted her arm back before shooting the rock into the mouth of the cave.

The cave echoed the sound, resonating a terrifying cry from inside. A flock of Woobat and Swoobat flew out of the cave. Crashing into each other, tumbling out of the sky, and collapsing in dirt and rock.

They didn't wait, launching themselves at the group of hurt and scared pokemon. Pulling them apart; the smaller ones getting trampled as they tried to fly away. Cries of pain and fear echoed through the area. Going silent as they were forcefully put into pokeballs.

A shiver ran up your spine. You could hear them still.

"Help!"

"Let us out!"

"Mom! Help me!"

"Please get me out!"

Again and again they screamed. Silent cries to many but to you they echoed around your skull. Pounding against your head. Beating your mind senseless, and making you scared as well.

"Are they even worth anything?"

"I doubt it." A tall buff guy said, "They look pretty weak."

A shorter woman spoke next. "They're not worth a lot, yes, but they aren't native to many regions. I'd recommend we sell them to those areas."

"A few looked a lot smaller than normal," a thin pale man said, tying his shoe.

"We'll make some cash from the stronger of the bunch don't worry." The woman who threw the rock spoke. She had her hair tied up in a bun, and a pair of sunglasses resting atop her head. "If we get what we need fast enough we can weed through them and get rid of the weak ones, sound good?"

"Yes," the others spoke in unison.

The woman picked up her flashlight and moved towards the cave's entrance. "Care to direct us, Janna?"

"Right," the short girl spoke, tucking messy blonde hair behind her ear. "We'll need to go straight for a while," a grey device in her hand beeped, "It's difficult to get to the cavern we need. We'll have to do some climbing."

"Which cavern is it again?" the man asked, though it sounded like it was for himself.

"Crystal guards in the winter's night, where the moon lights." The blonde girl answered with a line from an old children's tale.

You knew the line. You've heard it, read it but you can't place it. All you can remember is a dragon. A beautiful silver dragon, who's coat caught the light, and the eyes that shone with an unnatural light.

"I... what?"

"You haven't read it?" she asked, sounding hurt. Fake tears -or maybe they were real- building in her eyes.

"Read what?" the consistently silent member of the group asked.

"The Silver Dragon!" she shook her head, "It's only the best children's story to come out of Unova!"

The group ignored the girl, entering the mouth of the cave. You watched them disappear into the darkness of the cave. Shadows slowly covering in a cloak of darkness. You waited until they were gone to move.

"The Silver Dragon" an old children's tale. You've read it before, you know you have. The picture of a SIlver coated dragon painted with watercolors, was too solid to disprove that. A golden sunrise, reflecting off of white snow, and an ice engulfed cave.

"The Ice King's Cavern." It came out a whisper, as you were about to make your way down to the cave. "The Ice King's Cavern!" Louder the second time, more confident, and much more self assured.

You reached back up, grasping onto a sharp rock. A scratch burned on you thigh as you cut yourself on the rocks. Ice King's Cavern is at the top of the mountain, it's said to be where an old ancient pokemon lives. There's ways to get to it but not many can make it that far, the large amount of wild pokemon usually turns people away. Especially since they're so abnormally strong around there.

"But these are pokemon hunters," you thought, "They thrive off of strong pokemon." They don't care about the dangers of losing their team if it means money. A well balanced team only does so much against a group with more than enough cannon fodder to last days. Normal trainers have rules, but they don't.

The sound of a bird drew you out of your trance. Looking up to the sky you saw N, riding on the back of a swana. White fathers fluttered down, getting stuck in your hair. Swana swooped down landing at your side.

"I got them." N handed you three pokeballs, "Scolipede will need medical attention, but he'll be okay."

You took N's outstretched hand, letting him help you onto Swana's back.

"Thank you," You spoke softly to them. You let N wrap his arms around your chest, before you told them where to go. "The Ice King's Cavern. They'll be heading there."

"Are they really going after..." N trailed off, They had to go after one of the strongest pokemon in Unova?

"Kyurem," you finally said it.

With a deep shaky sigh N kissed your temple. It comforted you even though it was N's way of comforting himself. "We should move then." He rested one hand on Swana's back signaling them to go, "Any headstart we can get is a good one."

Then within a cloud of white fathers, you were off.