Breakfast Mishaps

The sun streamed in through the window, cascading down on N's face. For the first time, N had woken up before you. He blinked away the sleep turning to see that you sound asleep beside him. Restless nights where you would stay up and work had finally caught up to you. Dark bags under your eyes had started to fade, and you had gotten the rest you seriously needed.
    N ran his hand through your hair gently, before getting up. He had to start on the morning chores even if he wanted to stay in bed all day. First on the list was gathering water from the river.
The pokemon were happily playing in the river when N arrived, bucket in hand. Your Dragonair was lounging on a rock. Water glistened on his skin as he sunbathed. Other wild pokemon were still asleep under bushes. Dragonair raised his head as N walked to the edge of the water.
"Good morning, my friend," N smiled, as he knelt down to the water. 
Dragonair nodded in greeting before lowering his head once more. "Have a good morning."
As N walked back towards the house he saw you kneeling by the berry bushes in your garden. A basket by your side already holding three decently sized potatoes. You had changed into loose-fitting clothes, and your feet were bare.
You smiled when you saw N, "Good morning, N."
"How did you sleep?"
"I slept fine, thank you for last night. I didn't realize how much I needed it." You turned back to the pecha bush. "I'll get the rest of the stuff for breakfast if you want to help cook?"
N agreed, heading off to go finish the rest of his chores.
Once N had entered your kitchen you had started washing off the berries and potatoes. Zorua was standing on their hind legs using their front paw to hold them up as they tried to see what was on the counter.
"I got the milk," N said setting it down on the counter.
"Great, you want to get started on the pancakes or the hashbrowns?"
"Hashbrowns, I don't want you saying I'm messing it up again."
"You only put one tablespoon of vanilla in."
"I know, and I'm not going to risk it again." N took the potatoes from your hands and got to work.
Rolling your eyes you grabbed the bowl and put two cups of flour, a fourth cup sugar, four teaspoons baking powder, fourth teaspoon baking soda, and less than a teaspoon of salt into the bowl.
"They're better with two teaspoons of vanilla."
N sighed picking up the second potato. "I know, I know. Forgetting a teaspoon is unforgivable."
"You got that right!"
You poured in half a stick of melted butter into the bowl, along with a cup and a half of milk, and the two teaspoons of vanilla. You reached over and grabbed an egg from N's hand. You cracked it into the bowl.
"I don't know why your so hungover that, it's not like its better than some mini muffins on the side."
You looked up from where you were mixing the batter, "You think muffins are better than fresh fruit with whipped cream?"
"A nice berry muffin is great in the morning." N nodded.
"A muffin is not the best breakfast side."
"Who says so?"
"Me."
"So you're wrong."
With your squabbling, you didn't notice Zorua. The pokemon had backed up and was ready to jump onto the counter. They had lept onto the counter but with the missing front leg, they lost their balance and slid right into the bowl of batter. Spewing half of the batter across the counter and onto both N and you.
N laughed snaking the batter off his hands and into your face. Your face heated up and you flicked some of the pancake batter into N's hair. In retaliation, N threw some more at you. You both ended up slipping in batter and falling onto a laughing pile on the floor.