[29] More | Dead Calm II | Tease

"Welcome to Crackhead Wasteland," Kiara muttered as JJ pulled up to the masked man's run down trailer. The yard overgrown and filled with random things, like plastic chairs and windows. I glanced at JJ, who was staring straight ahead, gripping the steering wheel with white knuckles.

"I don't know about this, man," Pope added, his voice laced with worry as JJ stopped the vehicle. "Dude, why are we at Barry's?"

"This'll only take a second," JJ said as he got out of the vehicle, slamming the door behind him. We opened the door to the van so that we could watch as JJ stormed up to the wrecked home.

"Where are you going?" John B asked, his voice flat and unimpressed.

"Yo soy justicia," JJ replied, climbing up the stairs and into the home.

"You know somebody should probably.." Kiara trailed off, looking off to where JJ disappeared to. John B sighed, getting out of the car to follow him.

I got out of the van and began to pace, feeling my nerves getting the best of me. Sarah put a hand on my shoulder,
offering a kind smile. I returned it the best that I could, but while JJ was doing dumb shit, it was hard to be positive.

"Alright!" His cheerful voice boomed as he skipped out of the house. "We're looking at a couple grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit. Sorry 'bout that, y'all."

"So, that's what we're doing now? We're robbing from drug dealers?" Kie said, sighing as she placed her hands on her hips, shooting JJ a look of disapproval.

"This Barry guy's gonna find out," Sarah stressed, adding to Kiara's statement. "He's gonna come after us."

"Yes, he will," Pope agreed. "This is not the time to start wilin' out."

"I'm sure there's different ways we can get back at him without possibly getting ourselves killed," I suggested quietly.

I watched as JJ grew irritated, his facial expression twisting into anger. "How'd you like havin' a gun pulled on you?"

"This is a one way ticket to have another pulled on us!" I cried, throwing my hands up in the air.

John B got up in JJ's face, puffing his chest out in warning. "Relax."

"He had it right here on you, bro," JJ growled, pointing at John B's forehead. John B slapped JJ's finger away with his cast. "Look, we gotta go get the gold, okay? Just give me that shit," John B tried to reason, grabbing the bag.

We watched with wide eyes as JJ slammed John B against the van door, the sound of body hitting metal thumping in our ears. My heart tightened at seeing my friends, specifically JJ and John B, getting physical. I don't know if we could all handle them getting into a fistfight right now.

"Do you feel like a tough guy? Huh?" John B jeered, getting closer to JJ's face. JJ's grip loosened, showing he was backing down. "What are you gonna do when he comes for us?" John B whispered harshly.

"We punch him in the throat."

"Yeah, good fuckin' idea, JJ."

JJ shook his head, grabbing the bag from John B's hands. "I'm not putting it back." We stared at JJ as he hopped in the van, waiting for everyone to join him. "You guys getting in or what?"

"I choose 'or what'," I mumbled to Sarah, who nodded along with what I said. Kiara looked as if she was about to freak out as she closed her eyes, probably counting to ten in her head. JJ waited for a minute, fiddling with the bag of money.