008| Two sides

The school bell already rang and many students immediately headed out the canteen to grab some foods. The morning lessons surely put some challenges on their brains and it's time for them to fill their stomach. Blaze and Thorn decided to enjoy their foods at their favourite spot which is rooftop.

The smell of strawberry jam immediately came into his nose as Thorn began to eat his bread happily. But, unlike him, the other boy just stared at the food in his hand as his mind were off for somewhere.

"Blaze, aren't you eating? You okay there?" His mind snapped as he looked at Thorn. The latter frowned as his eyes showed some concerns toward his friend. Blaze gave him a thin smile and shook.

"Nah, nothing. I'm fine, don't worry" He said that but Thorn knew he didn't really mean it. He sighed before opening his mouth.

"It's about Cycy, am I right?" Blaze's shoulders flinched as he turned toward Thorn, feeling shocked. The latter was hanging his head low, his emerald eyes were fixed on his half-eaten bread at his hand.

"How did you--"

"You think I am that dumb for not noticing the awkwardness between you two?" The fire boy shut his mouth, he could see the gloomy aura on Thorn's face. He didn't need to say more how hurt he was when his two best friends really think that way.

"I-i'm sorry..." The flower boy shook his head and threw him a polite smile.

"It's okay. You guys are not entirely wrong, I know that I am innocent. People always say that..." His smile somehow turned into a sad smile and it's just making Blaze felt guilty even more.

"...but that doesn't mean that I have to act all innocent in this kind of situation. Especially when it involves my friends" He closed both of his marmalade eyes, sighing before lowering his head a bit.

"Well, what do you think about our current situation?" He let out a sigh, his back was leaning against the wall behind him.

"I don't really know... All that I want is for us to stay together, not crumbling apart..." He didn't want to blame anyone for putting their bond in this complicated situation. Hey, everyone makes mistake, right?

"Heh, you know that's impossible, Thorn. Not as long as he's with that weirdo" Blaze sneered, his face showed a pure annoyance. He dislikes the topic about him.

"B-but..." Thorn stuttered before he loses of words. He hates this kind of situation. This is what he called a difficult decision. A difficulty of choosing. Which side does he need to choose? Which side is wrong? Which side is right? Which person does he need to be siding with? Cyclone or Blaze?

Can't there any option for him to not choose between them? In the end, both of them are his best friends. He wants to cry whenever he thinks about this matter but all he can do right now is to hold on.

Yeah, hold this small hope of him.

"Okay, enough with this topic. Somehow I feel sick" The fire boy could sense something was off with the boy beside him when he saw him was in deep thought, so he decided to end the conversation.

"Yeah... by the way, Blaze. The bread that you ate just now is chicken-flavoured, don't you realize it?" Blaze immediately spit out the bread in his mouth, his face showed a pure shock.

"W-WHAT?! WHY DIDN'T YOU TOLD ME?!"

"Tried to but then I thought that you just want to be a cannibal"

"GAH! I'm so sorry, my friends!" Thorn let out a laugh as the bell rang. They stood up and started to walk down the staircase, off to their classroom. Unfortunately, on their way there, the boys stumbled upon the other boys that they were just talking about.

Two pairs of eyes met the others, creating an intense atmosphere between them. However, the ruby one immediately breaks the eye contact and started to walk away, followed by the sapphire one.