010| Seeking the truth

"Did you already hear the rumors?"

"About Thunderstorm? Pfft, nothing surprising, to be honest. He is a weirdo"

"But do you guys really think he is the thief? I don't know but he seems nice"

"Well, why not? He always get into a fight. Already have a big potential to be a thief"

Solar's ears started to become hot when he heard the murmurs. He clenched his hands hard his knuckle turned into white.

"Hey, human. Could you just shut your dirty mouth up from talking about other's business?" The shiny boy snapped at the gossiping students behind him.

"What's your problem, Genius? We don't even talk about you"

"Yeah, just mind your own business and get lost!"

"Heh, only lowly people like you would think to waste their time poking into someone's life" Solar retorts as he started to walk away, leaving the pissed off students behind.

It's not only that students, almost everyone around him were talking about it. Murmurs and sneers can be heard as he was walking through the hallway. He pretend he didn't hear any of it and went towards his destination.

"Excuse me, can I meet Cyclone?" Solar asked one of the girls in the class. He could see the girl was flustered a bit, immediately nodded as she quickly went toward Cyclone. A chuckle escaped from his mouth as he wait behind the door.

"Solar?" The windy boy called him, he was frowning as he didn't expect that he wanted to meet him.

"We need to talk, Cyclone"

And here they were, on the rooftop of the school's building. One of Cyclone's favorite spots in this school.

"Okay, I don't like beat around the bush. So, what do you know about the rumors?" Cyclone's body tensed up as the shiny boy's eyes darted on him.

"W-what do you mean?" Solar let out a sigh as he leaned his back against the wall. His arm crossed in front of his chest.

"I'm not saying that you are the one at fault about this rumor, but I'm certain that you know something about it" He lowered his golden visors a bit, showing his silver like-orbs. Cyclone finally sighed as he placed himself besides Solar.

"Yeah, it's true. I know what happened" his mind replay the terrifying incident, making his breathe become heavy. Solar listened to him attentively as Cyclone started to tell him the whole story.

"I... ran away. In the end, I couldn't help him. I left him behind. I-i'm the one to blame..." His voice cracked, he could feel that his hands were trembling. Solar gave him a pat on his shoulder, as he was trying to comfort the windy boy.

"No, no one's gonna blame you. Not even Thunder, I'm sure of it. Rather than blaming yourself, help me think on how do we want to find the proofs" Cyclone's eyebrows frowned a bit, confused.

"Proofs?"

"You don't believe that Thunder is the culprit, right? Then we have to find the real one to prove Thunder's innocence" Both of his sapphire eyes went wide, as he realized what Solar tried to do. His eyes shone with hope.

"You're right! Solar, you're truly a genius!" Cyclone clasped both Solar's hands, much to the latter's surprise.

"Yeah, yeah. I know that already. You don't have to tell me" the shiny boy let go his hands from Cyclone's grab and pushed his face away from him.

"Before that, did Thundy absent today? I don't think after the incident, he would show up today" he asked Solar since they're in the same class.

"Yeah, he got suspended, remember? About two weeks as his punishment for something he don't even do" The shiny boy sarcastically emphasized the phrase, he still can't get it on why the school would punish someone with false accusations without any proof.

"Huh... I hope he's okay..."