Prologue

Deep in the sewers of NYC, there dwelled a family of 5: four turtles and their rat father. Leo, the eldest of the four turtles, was a dark greenish blue, with beautiful sapphire eyes, a dark olive green carapace, an almost orange plastron, and a calm temperament. Raph was the second eldest, and sported dark green skin, piercing, emerald green eyes, a carapace just like his brothers', a bright yellow plastron with a chip in it that looked just like a lightning bolt, and had a fiery, hothead personality. Next in line was Donnie, who had pale olive skin, soft, reddish-brown eyes, an adorable gap in his top teeth, a light brown plastron, and a smart, sweet, somewhat quiet temperament. Last, but certainly not least was Mikey, who had light green skin, cute dark freckles spattered across his face, an even lighter brown plastron than his brother's, large, innocent, baby blue eyes, and a personality of boundless energy and enthusiasm. Their father, Splinter, was a tall, dark brown, and black and white patched rat, had almost red eyes, wore a dark red kimono with flowers all over it, and had a wise, quiet, sometimes stern, and serious temperament. This family led happy, secluded lives for three years, until one day... 

It was your average day for them: Splinter foraged for food, while they stayed at the lair and entertained themselves. On this particular day, Raph was taunting and teasing his younger brother, Donnie. Now, it was normal for Raph to pick on his younger brother, but today he was being particularly vicious, and so Donnie fled the lair, weeping, to get away from all the taunting. Unfortunately for Donnie, he ran so far, that he forgot which way was home.

 Hours later, he was still wandering around, completely lost, with tears sliding down his face. He sniffled, and decided he would continue searching tomorrow. Just as he was about to settle down for the night, he heard the clumping sound of footsteps, getting nearer and nearer. His first instinct was to keep out of sight just like his father had taught him, but then, he changed his mind, thinking that maybe whoever it was could help him get back home. His mind made up, he headed towards the sound instead of away from it. 

The footsteps belonged to none other than Baxter Stockman. When Donnie appeared out of the gloom of the sewers he did a double take, unable to believe what he was seeing. He had just been down here to see if there was anything useful he could use for his "experiments", but finding nothing, he had been on his way back when the thing appeared. After realizing that Donnie posed no threat, he cautiously stepped forward. Donnie didn't back away, he just stood there. When Baxter was right in front of him, he spoke in a squeaky, high voice and said: "Excuse me mister, can you help me?" Baxter stared in shock, thinking rapidly. He realized that he could use this little creature for his own amusement if he could get it to follow him. A wickedly delighted smile spread across his face, as he thought of what he could do with him. "Of course I can help you." he spoke smoothly, with a false, friendly smile plastered on his face. Donnie brightened up, and grinned gratefully at him. "Just follow me." Baxter said, with a voice like honey. Donnie, happy to be headed home at last, followed him. This would turn out to be the worst mistake he'd ever make...