Chapter 2

April followed her father as closely as she dared all through "The Unnaturals" that day, hoping to get at least a glimpse of where the keys were stored. By the end of the day, she was feeling rather discouraged, seeing as she hadn't seen anything key related yet, and it was getting late fast. Her dad was due to close down the place in about an hour, and still she had nothing. Turning around, she started making her way back to Keyac to tell him the bad news, when, out of the corner of her eye, she saw him going into his private office. She jerked around when she realized he always went there when he was closing down the place. Her hope revived, she stealthily made her way to his office. Right as he came out, she slipped in unnoticed, and made her way to where he had just been rummaging around. She scattered papers, pulled out drawers, and searched the place from top to bottom, and still she found nothing. Thoroughly disappointed and hopeless, she was about ready to give up when something caught her eye.

 She turned around, and noticed a crooked picture of her and her father, hanging on the wall. Intrigued, she took the picture off the wall, and saw a small compartment behind it. It looked like a safe in the wall almost. Seeing there was a lock on it, she frowned, wondering what he would use for his password. She pondered on this for a moment, forehead scrunched in thought. All of a sudden, it seemed as if a lightbulb went off over her brain, and she put in the password FREAKS. It clicked open, revealing the keys she sought. Overjoyed, she hastily grabbed them, and raced to the door, eager to show Keyac, and free him and the others.

 Suddenly, a large shadow fell across her and the office, She looked up, her heart pounding, and her mouth went dry with terror. Looking down at her with a sadistic, gleeful smile spread across his face was none other than Oroku Saki.

Author's note: DUN DUN DUN... Hm, I wonder what will happen? I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and please tell me what you think in the comments! Also, I know this chapter is short, but this seemed like a perfect way to end it. *Me evilly chuckling * TILL NEXT TIME!!!