Chapter 3

Saki had just been seeking out Kirby to discuss where they would put the new "animals" that were being shipped to them that week, when he discovered April at the office. April's heart was beating a mile a minute, and her legs felt as if they wouldn't hold her up anymore, as she gazed up at the towering form of Saki. He looked down at her and spoke, calmly it seemed, but with menace underlying it all.  "Ah dearest April, might I ask what EXACTLY you are doing?" April gulped, "Um, I was just closing up my dad's office, cause he asked me too." she said innocently. Saki narrowed his eyes, not believing a word she said. "Tell me April, WHO exactly those keys are for, and don't even try to lie about it again."he said darkly. April set her mouth in a firm line.  "I'm not telling YOU anything." she said  stubbornly. "You WILL tell me or else!!!" Saki threatened, glaring down at her. April glared back, unflinching. "No." "Well then, I guess I'll just have to bring this little incident up to your father." He said in a dangerously calm voice. "Fine, you do that. But know that you are a cruel man who cares only for himself." April stated without a hint of fear in her voice.Saki, losing his pretense of calm, went into a rage, and grabbing her arm, he drug her all the way to Kirby.

Once there, he plopped her unceremoniously at his feet. Kirby glanced down in surprise at her, then looked Saki in the eyes and said. "Why are you dragging my daughter around like she's a doll?" "This, this daughter of your's was in YOUR office, stealing YOUR keys for who knows what!" Saki spat with hatred. "I see." Kirby said. "Then, when I asked her who the keys were for, she wouldn't tell me, instead she INSULTED me!" Saki raged. "Hm, yes, this must be addressed." Kirby spoke calmly. "If you don't mind, I'd like to speak to her alone." Kirby said. "Fine, whatever." Saki grumbled. "Thank you Saki." Kirby said.  Saki left, slamming the door behind him.

 Once he was gone, Kirby looked sternly at his daughter. "Did you really do all that?" He said. "Yes, I did, and I don't regret it." April said. "But WHY did you need the key?" he asked. April stared at him, not speaking. "It was for those freaks wasn't it?" he said angrily. April made no sound, just stared steadily back at him. "Honey, you know they are the lesser species, as animals, and we as humans are the higher species." He sighed. Finally, April spoke. "That's NOT what they are, and you and Saki are wrong to treat them the way you do." Kirby tried to interject, but April swept on, ignoring him. "Some of them can talk, some of them have interests and loves and hopes and dreams. You and Saki have ripped all of the things they could have had, that they SHOULD have had away from them, so that you can please yourselves. I may be your daughter, but that doesn't mean I will EVER see those wonderful creatures as you see them." April took a calming breath, realizing her voice had risen on the last couple of words.

 "They've warped your mind." Kirby whispered in horror. "They've done nothing of the sort!" April shot back. Kirby took a deep breath, and let it out, debating on what to do. "You will not be allowed to go back with those, those, freaks EVER again." He spoke authoritatively. April's eyes widened in dismay."WHAT?! You CAN'T do that!" "I just did." he said, unmoved by her outburst. "Now, get to the car." Kirby spoke sternly.

 April, her eyes filling with tears, raced to the car and slammed the door. Kirby came after her, and slid into the front seat and started the car. As they drove home, April wondered what would happen to her beloved Keyac. Far away in his cage, Keyac waited for a return that never happened...

A/N What will happen to our dear April and Keyac?  I hope you enjoyed the latest chapter! It was honestly kind of hard to write, and I hope it doesn't feel rushed or look bad. Please comment and tell me what you think! TILL NEXT TIME!!!