Chapter 8

You stand on the patio looking at the ground leaning against the railing, thinking bake to the questioning. Your so lost in thought, you don't hear Blanc come up behind you. "Tired of them already?" You were startled to see your father behind you. "Well Linda and Richard hate me, my only real friends are Meg and Martha, no one else cares if I'm around or not, so yeah I'm tired of them." You turn away from him to look back at the yard. "What are you still doing here. I thought you left." You hear a sigh come from him. 

"(Y/N) I want to fix things between us." "Why?" You ask looking at him with you hands on your hips. "Why? Because your my daughter!" You laugh at his words. "Daughter... that's funny." "Why? Why is that so funny?" "Because would a father disregard you, would he not take care of you, would a father leave his own child, would a father give their kid these scars!?" You pull up your sleeves up to show some deep scars.

"No, no I'm not your daughter. I'm just somebody you used to know"Blanc is taken back at your words. You sigh and sit on a bench with your head in your hands trying to hold back your tears. Blanc sits next to you. "So when did it happen?" "When did what happen?" You get confused at his question. He gestures to you ring. "Oh, um about a month or two ago." "I guess I'm going to meet him soon." Blanc tries to pull you into a hug, but you stand up and walks away saying, "I guess so."

You walk into the house to find Martha. "Hey, what are you doing here?" She seems surprised that you were there. "Oh, (Y/N) I'm just waiting to be questioned." You see the Lieutenant and Trooper talking with Blanc as he gestures for you and Martha to join them outside. 

Blanc opens the door for you two. "Harlan Thrombey's nurse, Martha..." "Cabrera." Martha says. "Martha Cabrera." "Miss Cabrera, you and (Y/N) can just wait inside and w...." Trooper was cut off by Blanc. "I've been doing a little poking. You were hired on a part-time basis as a registered nurse, yes?" Martha nods her head. "Yes, I don't work for a VNA. Harlan hired me directly." "Take a seat, please." 

Martha sits on a couch and Blanc sits on one across from her. You go and stand behind Blanc with Lieutenant and Trooper. "And your paid a flat rate of how many hours a week?" "Uh, well I started at 15, and then he needed more help." "Medical help?" Blanc asks. Martha hesitates. "He needed a friend." Blanc sits there fo a few seconds in silence. "Does having a kind heart make you a good nurse?" 

Before Martha could answer, the Lieutenant speaks up. "Alright Blanc this is..." he was cut of by Blanc. "Martha, we were just discussing possible motives in the family. I suspect that Harlan has told you much unfitted truth about each of them and a little bird told me, how should I put this, you have a regurgitate reaction to mistruth." You look down, smirking, knowing who the little bird is. (BTW its you XD) 

"Who told you that?"Martha looks at you and you shrug it off. "Is it true?" Martha hesitates again looking down. "Yes. It's something I had since I was a kid. It's a physical thing that I... just the thought of lying makes me puke." "Really?" Blanc asks. Trooper and Lieutenant share a discussing look. Blanc leans forward. "Is Richard having an affair?" Martha is silent. 

"Richard? An Affair?" She finally says

"A yes or no will do." You take a step forward "Dad don't." He looks at you surprised, but looks back at Martha. "No." Martha says. Then she jumps up and runs over to a pot. "Oh shit!" Lieutenant says. She throws up in the pot and you run over to hold her hair back. "Dear girl I'm sorry. I assumed you were speaking figuratively." You look at him. "Yeah, well look where your sorries brought us now." He sighs at you. the Lieutenant gives Martha a glass of water. "But I was obviously right. Richard is having an affair. His father in law found out and confronted him." "Okay, but even if that was the case, protecting a relationship as a motive. That's weak sauce, you know that." Lieutenant says. 

"Well, then Joni." Trooper cuts in. "No. Harlan was supporting her and her daughter and thats the opposite of a motive." "And that support was threatened." Martha and you started to walk towards the door to go inside. "(Y/N), Miss Cabrera, one moment." "We're just gonna get some scopa. Back off." You snap. He ignores you. "Miss Cabrera, was Harlan planning on cutting off Joni's allowance?"

"Oh my god." You say. "Don't answer that if your going to throw up again." Lieutenant says. "Meg said that he paid the school directly, Joni said he sends the money to her. Both were true. She was pocketing the double payment. Harlan found out and cut her off from the inheritance without a cent. Yes?" "So she bumps him off for the inheritance? come on! NO. Have you seen her Insta? She's a influencer." Trooper says. "No. Allowance as a motive. Again more weak sauce." Lieutenant says. "Granted, but she lied to me. All of them did." You and Martha walk inside to the kitchen. She gets the scopa. You feel you phone vibrate and see that Ransom is calling you. 

"Hold on. I'm going to take this." You say to Martha. "Hey sweetie. What's up?" "(Y/N) when are you coming back home?" Ransom asks you. "I don't know, I might be here for a little while longer." You hear him sigh. "Okay, but they to come home as soon as possible. I miss you." You smile. "I miss you too." Just then Lieutenant walks into the house along with Blanc and Trooper. "Okay sweetie, I gotta go. Love you." "Love you too." You hang up.  

As Trooper and Lieutenant walk into the room, Blanc holds you backfire a second. "Was that him, your fiancé?" 

"Ya, that's the guy who's banging your daughter."