Chapter 14

As you drove away, you tried to think where Ransom would go. The family knew where Ransom lived, so he would be stupid enough to go there. Then you realized something, whenever Ransom needed to think or talk, he would only go to one place. You smirk and drive to a small restaurant he loved.

You walk in and see Marta and Ransom sitting in a small booth at the back of the restaurant. As you start walking towards them, you only hear one thing from Ransom. "That old bastard." "Hey..." You say walking up to the booth. "(Y/N)" Ransom said. He looked at you shocked that you found him.

"What are you doing here?" You say sliding into the booth. "Trying to get some answers." He then turns his attention back to Marta. "Marta, I know three things. One: I know he didn't commit suicide."

She looks at him shocked. "What makes you think that?" He smirks. "I don't think it. I know it, because I knew my grandad. Maybe you and I are the only two people who knew him so you're not gonna bullshit me on this, because two: I know lying makes you puke."

Martha looks at you and then back to Ransom.

"Cause of the mafia game last 4th of July. And three: I know that you just ate a full plate of baked beans and sausage. So, look me in the eye and tell me what happened to my grandad."

Marta hesitates.

"You jerk." You look away hiding your grin.

"Marta. Tell me everything."

*Time skip*

"Huh." Martha just explained everything to Ransom. "I know, just saying it, it sounds insane, but it's all true and I think Blanc's been on to me from the start. I don't care If I go to jail, but my mom, my sister, we..." Neither of them said anything. "Are you gonna say something?" She says.

"I always thought I was the only one that could beat him at GO. I always thought that meant something." Ransom looked so hurt. You put your hand on his arm and he gives you a small smile.

"On the night of the party, my last conversation with him, our last argument. That's when he told me about you. That you beat him in GO more than I do, and I thought what a strange thing to tell me." Marta looked at him confused.

"I think I get it now. Maybe it did mean something. I'm not gonna tell my family. You're not gonna go to jail. That detective is not gonna catch you and you're not gonna give up the money. This is what grandad wanted for you and me. Think about what he did to you to go through with this. He wanted this for himself, he wanted this for the family and he wanted this for you. You've come this far. Let us help you go all the way."

Marta looks at him confused. "What's going on with you. This isn't you. You could just turn me in right now and still get your cutoff the inheritance. Why?" You look at Ransom. "Because F my family. I can help you get away with this and then you're gonna give me my cut of the inheritance. Happy ending. Everyone wins. Deal?"

Marta's phone starts buzzing before she could answer. Meg was calling her.

*Short time skip.*

Marta puts down her phone. "Okay then." "Did Blanc find anything suspicious at the house?" "Yes, he found mud, upstairs, where I broke in through the window." "Identifiable prints?" Marta shakes her head no.

"Good, okay good. Lay low for a couple of days. Wait for this investigation to blow over, and it will. Cause no matter how good this Blanc guy is, he won't find anything."

You look down at your lap knowing he was underestimating your father. "Come on (Y/N). Let's go.

The drive back home was quiet. "Ransom I need to tell you something..." You keep your gaze out the window. "What is it?" He grabs your hand and squeezes it. "Blanc, the detective on this case. He's..." "Yeah?"

"He's my father."