Chapter 10

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Martha, whats the matter?" Fran asks. "Hey Fran do you still have your stash?" Meg asks. You, Fran, Martha, and Meg are now in a separate room from the rest of the family. Fran goes over to the clock and opens it up to find joints in a secret part. "Take them whenever you need them. They're just dying out since you gave me that Juul." "Thanks Fran" Meg says. Martha starts pacing back and forth

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm very very sorry." Martha starts freaking out then sits down. "Stop, Stop saying your sorry, Jesus.' Meg says as she lights the joint and offers it to Martha who denies it. "That's where fran keeps her stash?" Martha asks. You laugh saying, "Who's gonna open a clock."

 *Few minutes later after Martha calms down*

You four walk out and Meg rushes over to Walt. You walk over taking your spot against the wall. You still try to listen on what Meg is saying to Walt and suddenly Meg brings him over to Martha. You try try your best to hear what they are saying. "Martha, we've been talking it over, and uh, the whole family we'd like to take care of you." 

Before you could hear Marthas response, you walk out of the house. Your a little upset, but mostly sad because everything you have done for Ransom and the family they would want to take care of you too or at least care about you, not that your mad at Martha (Your not). You stand their for a few seconds trying to hold back the tears. When a voice startled you. '(Y/N)." "Blanc your still here?" You ask. "Mhm." You two just stand their in awkward silence.

'Did you know Harlan?" You say, breaking the silence. "He knew your grandpa, who was a police detective years ago. My father respected Harlan, that says a lot." "Is that why your hear?" "No." You shrug "Then why are you hear?" "Like i said before, I want to make thing right between us." You look away from him. "How did you find me?" he laughs. "I'm a detective darling. It's my job to find people." You then laugh. 

"Right, right. Your job. The same job that drove you away from your wife and soon got her killed. She died because you weren't there for her." He sends up and you hear a sigh. "(Y/..." You cut Blanc off. "Save it. I need to get home." He stops you. 

"One more thing." You groan. "What is it this time?" He makes eye contact with you. "Will you help me with the investigation. You are my little Nancy Drew." You roll your eyes at him. You turn to face him and sigh. "Fine. I'll help you, but I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing this for Ransom, Martha and the family." "Fair enough." He moves out of your way, as you walk to your car. 

As you pull out, you see Blanc watching you leave. When you get home, you collapse on the couch. "Hey, sweetie." You turn your head to see ransom standing over you. You sit up so he can sit next to you "Are you okay?" Ransom asks as you rest your head on your shoulder. You sigh "Long day." He laughs softly.

 "Obviously, you've been with my family all day. Are you sure you want to marry into this family?" You look up at him and kiss his nose. "Positive." You went to sleep that night in Ransom's arms with Dodger at your feet.