The one with a lead

Yayyyy! finally updating it after almost an year
I'm going to update soon this time! But you have to gimme reads and votes. 
You know girls gotta get motivated *shrugs*
Lets make a deal! you give me good amount of reads and votes, I update the next chapter! 

Okay! bye now! 
Happy reading.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was training in the woods with Jessica without mercy if I may add, I called Connor an hour ago he still hasn't shown up. As if on cue sound of a car approaching snapped me out of my thoughts, it was Connor in his red Mustang, he was wearing gym shorts and a tank with a sipper in his hand and walked towards me with a grin.

"You are late," I glared.

"Clam down tiger, I have a lead for us to-" he started. I stepped on his foot to which he groaned.

"Why would you do that?" He hissed. I pointed towards Jessica to which I earned a whistle.

"What is this kid doing here?" Jess asked.

"This my friend Conner, the one who needs help with his homework."

"Wait! what?" He started, I glared at him.

"Oh yeah?" Why did it sound like a question?

"Bye, we are getting late." I dragged Connor away to his car.

"Damn! She is hot! Alex." He said with dreamy eyes.

"You might want to keep that to yourself," Adjusting my seat belt and noticed a frown on his face.

"You don't want to mess with my brother's girl. Would you?" I smirked earning a gulp from him.

"Yeah we should probably go, we are getting late." Soon the car came to life we were on the road.

We went straight home and packed all the needs like photographs of the dealers, Connor reloaded his FN 5-7 handgun and my bow and arrows. Sound's like we are going on a picnic rather than a death mission. We drove back to the pub, slowly approached the location and parked the car with the others.

"Now, what do we do?" He asked.

"Now, we wait."

And then we waited for what seemed like hours until a black sleek Volks Wagen pulled in and stepped out a man with brunette hair with his sidelocks turning grey indicating his growing age. He made his way into the pub followed by his men, leaving two men guarding the door. They were wearing all black and had beefy arms. I gulped earning a chuckle from Conner.

"Let's go." He said tucking the gun into his pants, I grabbed my crossbow with extra arrows in my old leather quiver on my back and pulled a hoodie on to hide it.

We tipped toed towards the old exit at the back of the pub and sneaked in. It was all dusty the place reeked of alcohol and tobacco smoke like the last time I came here minus the sweaty bodies. I'm glad that it isn't packed.

There he was sitting in a corner booth with Jake.

That asshole!

"Any idea with the name?" I asked Connor. He immediately scrolled through his tablet for the face.

"His name is Carl Klutz?"

"It's Schultz Connor." I corrected him.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." He rolled his eyes.

"What else can you find about him?"

"Everything?" He shrugged and dived into his tablet right away.

I tried listening to their conversation by walking closer to the booth.

"The boss is planning to shift the base," Carl said

"What do you mean shift?" He asked.

"You know after the death of the Agents we have attracted too much attention." He said sipping on his whiskey.

I saw a tall man sitting in the next booth wouldn't call him a man exactly. He doesn't look like one though the face is covered, with a hood and a black cloth. I snapped back to the conversation but couldn't hear as the music grew louder.

"The boss is on the move, and we can't risk exposing -"

BAM!

I heard gunfire and people started rushing out, looked back at the booth and saw Jake with a bullet in his head. It was a terrifying scene to witness something like that, was as if I was stuck to the ground and couldn't move still processing that someone got killed right in front of me.

"Alex, we have to go! come on!" Connor dragged me out with him.

The guards opened fire at the mob more like at us I'd say. I aimed my crossbow at one of the shooters and released it, but somebody else came in the way. 'Hoodie boy.'

We rushed towards the car and drove away. We reached home in silence and put away all the weapons in their respective places. We made it to my room and plopped on the bed. Connor then enlightened me with all the information he gathered on Carl Schultz.

"Are you alright?" He asked concern written all over his face.

"I will be." I smiled.

He brushed my cheek with the back of his fingers and stared back with those beautiful forest green eyes. I could get lost in them.

"I'm glad you are okay. Physically at least." He whispered.

I nodded in response. I could us leaning in.

"Lexy! I'm home!" The sound of the front door closing shut made me jump.

You have terrible timing, brother!

We put away the papers that were scattered around the room so Noah wouldn't suspect anything.

In a couple of minutes, my door opened to find Noah with a bag of chips in his right hand and firestick (it's a tv remote thing where you can access apps with the internet). His expression changed in a fraction of seconds when his eyes landed on Connor.

Uh-oh, we are dead!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't kill me! I know its a short one.

Vote.Vote.Vote!

Feel free to leave comments!

Love 

J