Jolie

Theory: Jolie is Lady Cadence

Evidence: 

                  Jolie has been dead (or missing) for around 16 years, about the same amount of time that Lady Cadence had lived with the ogres in Ravagog. Lady Cadence's hair is described as "Raven Black" by Sophie. In book 3: Everblaze, Sophie finds an elixir bottle called "Raven LovelyLocks" and is suspected to turn the user's hair raven black. Lady Cadence is also young. Lady Cadence is a Polygot, so she could have easily disguised her voice. She is also a conjurer, and so was Jolie. And being a Polygot is an easy ability to hide, so maybe Jolie knew that one day she would need to use it, but she didn't want anyone to know yet. Lady Cadence is not very nice to Sophie, or she's just a very strict mentor. But I think possibly one of the reasons that she's not very nice is that she's a little upset that Grady and Edaline adopted a daughter. Maybe she thinks they forgot about her. And during midterms when the parents meet the mentors, Grady and Edaline probably speak highly of Sophie to all of her mentors, which may make Lady Cadence/Jolie feel a little miffed. In all, I'm not sure why Jolie would live with the ogres, but I'm sure there would be a reason! Anyone agree?

                  Add on to the theory from amazing @RyeBread108 - So Dani came up with this amazing extra thing that she noticed in the books, and she said I could write it here! HUGE SHOUTOUT TO YOU, DANI!!!!! So basically, in Nightfall, Lady Cadence and Della have an argument about beauty, where Lady Cadence didn't really approve of how elves valued beauty over other things, and Dani was thinking that maybe the reason she doesn't like how the elves work with genetics/matchmaking, is because she and Brant were a bad match (If she really is Jolie, and my theory is right), and it doesn't seem fair. Of course it kind of makes sense to have matchmaking so that you make sure your partner isn't your sibling or anything, but elves really should draw the line there. Who cares about gender, compatability, looks, abilities, and whether or not you're a talentless? Jolie/Lady Cadence was speaking up about how she didn't think the system was fair, most likely because she had some personal experience with it. ALL CREDIT GOES TO @RyeBread108 BECAUSE SHE'S AN AMAZING GENIUS SO IF ANYONE HAS COMMENTS, SEND A MESSAGE TO HER, POST ON HER PROFILE, OR TAG HER IN THE COMMENTS!! NONE OF THIS WAS MY IDEA!!! SHE IS A GENIUS!! (Thank you, Dani!)

Why I like this theory: 

                Once again, I think this would make an amazing plot twist, and Shannon Messenger loves plot twists! Also, it would be so nice to have Jolie still be alive, and then Sophie would have a sister in the elven world! I also kind of like how it could possibly cause a little drama, like maybe Sophie gets a little jealous and thinks Grady and Edaline won't want her anymore, and then (of course) they would assure her that they love her just as much. And then they would all live together happily. But after that, maybe Amy would also get a little jealous, because now Sophie has a fancy, elf sister and she won't need Amy anymore. And then (of course) Sophie would assure Amy that she still loves her as well, and now Grady and Edaline have two daughters, and Sophie has two sisters! Now I'm basically creating my own story, haha!

I hope you liked this chapter! Does anyone else have theories? Don't worry, I wouldn't take credit for the theory if you do, I'll give you a shoutout. I'll be writing more theories when I think of them! Bye!!!!