Chapter 5

When they got home, Sophie hailed Amy.

"What's wrong?" I asked worriedly. "Did something happen to my parents?"

"No." Sophie said drawing out the word. " Not in that way at least. You should probably come to Havenfield."

My blood turned cold. That couldn't be good. What if something had happened to her parents?

"Ok." I said my voice trembling slightly.

Sophie forced a smile.

When I got to Havenfield, Sophie was waiting for me. It ran to her.

"Is there something wrong with my parents?" I asked out of breath.

Sophie grimaced. "Come on. Let's go inside."

I followed her into the house.

There was food on the table and I quickly sat down taking at least three pieces of mallowmelt.

Every one was not talking about my parents. Did something happen to them? Why couldn't I know?

I grabbed Sophie and took her outside. I was tired about being in the dark about these things.

"What happened to my parents?" I asked.

Sophie cleared her throat. " I don't know if I should tell you. "

"Please." I said desperate for even a snippet of news . " I keep imaging terrible things. "

"We went to the Nightfall place that Lady Gisela told us about and . . . They weren't there." Sophie looked away.

They weren't there? Sophie had told her that was their only lead!

I started sniffling

"I have an idea to cheer you up." Sophie looked back at me. " Do you want to meet some Alicorns? "

"What are Alicorns?" I asked confused

"Flying unicorns."

"Wow!" I said my spirits lifting a little.

Sophie smiled. It looked real this time.

She closed her eyes.

Suddenly a loud thunder clap came out of no where and two beautiful Alicorns flew down from the sky.

"Woah." I breathed.

"How afraid are you of heights?" Sophie asked.

"Wait, wait, wait. I can ride them? Thank you! " I said actually smiling.

"I wouldn't mind a ride myself. " said Councillor Bronte. He looked at the beautiful animals.

I had almost forgotten that he was here.

"What do you say?" Sophie asked the male Alicorn.

Her paused then went down on his knees so the Councillor could climb on.

I climbed on to the girl Alicorn. "What's their names?" I asked marveling at the soft skin.

"The girl is Silveny and the boy is Greyfell. " Sophie answered.

"Okay Silveny. Let's do this." I whispered.

Silveny took off, spreading her wings.

A gust of air got Any with full force and she nearly fell over.

"Wha hoo!" She yelled.

It was a fresh feeling. Amy looked around and saw bright sky's and fluffy clouds. She waved to Councillor Bronte.

"Woah!" He said as the sun's glare caught his eyes.

Amy laughed. She spread her arms out to the side.

All too soon it was over. Silveny went down to the ground and landed gracefully. Amy slid of the majestic Alicorn.

"Thank you." She whispered.

Silveny snickered.

She walked over to Sophie who's eyes were closed.

She opened her eyes and looked pretty frustrated then her face relaxed as she saw Amy.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Sophie hesitated. "Silveny won't come for a check up." She kicked a lone rock.

"And that important why?"

" Silveny's pregnant. " Sophie whispered looking in the distance.

"Woah. Does this mean there'll be a baby Alicorn? " I asked incredulously.

Sophie nodded.

"Hey come on Amy." Livvy said walking up to them. "We got to get home."

" Ok. " I followed her and we light leaped back to the entrance of Atlantis. At first I was terrified of the swirling bubble going down the Atlantis but now I was mostly chill about it.

I went to my room and laid down in my bed thinking about what happened at Havenfield. If they didn't find my parents at Nightfall, where were they?

Word count: [648]