~CHAPTER THREE~

Dedicated to you, yes you. Thank you for reading❤.

-APRIL'S POV-

I succeeded in removing my wedding dress and  I entered the bathroom. Everything  here is breathtaking including the bathtub. It looked like those type of bathrooms I see in movies. The walls were painted white, matching with the color of the bathtub.

Dad's house is nothing compared.  After the soothing shower, I wrapped myself with a towel and stepped out. I rummaged through by bags and pulled out a jeans short and  a grey crop top. 

I stepped out of the room and I was greeted by an empty and lonely hallway. I suddenly remembered  that I didn't  know my way around.

I began to walk in any and every direction.  Seriously it sucks when you have a jerk as a husband. My stomach grumbled loudly and I remembered I hadn't eaten since morning.

You might ask if I were fasting?

No I just felt like it.

The clasping of knives with plates and hushed whispers  were coming from the door in front of me after a long  frustrating walk. I peeped  inside and saw three ladies doing their business in a place I assumed to be the kitchen.

The fair complexioned lady  was chopping some carrots on the board.  There were also chopped green beans and pepper by the side indicating that she had done justice  to them.

The second lady  was not as fair as the first. She was mixing something in a bowl. The third lady just leaned against  the counter watching the two with utmost  concentration.

'She must be the chief maid' I thought to myself.

She suddenly turned  to my direction and was startled, that was when my presence was noticed. I had been standing by the door with my hands folded and leaned one side of my arm against the door.

"Good evening madam"    She greeted and  bowed making the other two snap their heads towards my direction and they immediately did the same thing  by greeting.

"You can call me April" I answered passing them a smile.

"No madam we can't address you as such." The supervisor said making the other two to nod their heads in agreement.

I raised a brow.  These maids were weird they kept using sign languages.

"Why is that?"

"You are the masters wife and obviously our madam" She countered.

"I still insist. Alright  for now your master is not home so you can address me by my name until he comes back" I reassured them.

"No madam,  we are sorry we can't" she stated.   Here I was thinking I had finally convinced them, they were definitely like their master.

I ignored them walked into the kitchen. I had better things to deal with other than engaging in a blindness argument with these maids.

I sighted the fridge at one end of the kitchen and pulled out a cocktail drink. I poured some contents into the glass and gulped down the entire liquid in one breath.

  I walked to the dinning table in the kitchen and settled in while gulping down my juice.

The maids had gone back to their work, they were all behaving like robots.

"I am starving. Is there food?" I asked no one on particular.  What I'm I even saying?  Of course there will be food.

"Yes madam" I rolled my eyes. The voice belonged to the lady who was   chopping carrots earlier.