~CHAPTER NINE~

Another update ✨

This chapter is dedicated  my Ghost readers. Those who read without voting and dropping comments, I still love you guys💞.

Please ensure to make yourself known, a single comment can make me update every day. Thank you❤

************************

**APRIL'S POV**

“O”  I replied and walked out of the kitchen finding my way downstairs I began to hear familiar hushed voices.

The door to the living room swung open to reveal Jordan and Ian with Tessa trailing behind him.

Jordan was wearing a khaki pants and plain black polo. His hair was unbrushed making some strands fall across his left temple. I couldn’t help but admire my tormentor and knight in shinning armor. Ian wore a jeans pants and a white T-shirt.

Tessa released his grasp from her and gave me warm embrace, her cologne assaulted my nostrils. She was looking stunning as ever in a red jumpsuit and a matching silver-like sandals. I guessed she loves the color red.

    “The food is probably getting cold shall we?” Jordan said and led the way with Adrian by his side. Tessa intertwined our hands together and we chartered our way to the dinning upstairs.

   I took a seat in front of Ian and Tessa. They really looked like a perfect couple. Jordan sat beside me while Emily and Mabel started dishing out the food. Jordan and Ian talked about work while Tessa engaged me in a conversation.

She nudged him and he turned to look at her, she fed him a steak and he returned the gesture. Jordan was busy scrolling through his phone to care about anything.

I gulped my wine trying to drown my frustration but it wasn’t working. I stuffed my mouth with pasta and it was obviously tasteless in my mouth.

  “Are you ok?” Tessa asked staring at my untouched plate of food.

  “Yeah” I replied. My throat felt dry even though I had gulped down a lot of wine.

   “So April, have you heard from your parents?” Tessa asked passing me a warm smile while chewing. I suddenly choked on my sauce and began to cough. She had no idea mum was late and my plight with Jordan.

  “Oh my. I'm sorry darling” Tessa said and passed a glass of water with a worried expression. I reluctantly collected the glass and gulped down the entire liquid. Jordan's gaze was fixed on me and I pretended like I was engrossed in my meal.

   “Jordan, I hope you know that I haven’t forgiven you for making me miss your wedding” Tessa warned with feigned seriousness. She stretched her hands and pulled Jordan's ear who ended up laughing.

My jaw dropped and I stared with my eyes wide in shock

Hello!!

Jordan Scott just laughed so he could be this carefree. I guess his friends bring out his other side. He looked really cute trying to suppress his laughter and ended up chuckling.

Ian just stared at the two  mumbling incoherent  words, I felt out of place.
“Alright big madam. I'll make it up to   you” he replied raising his hands up in surrender. A smirk played on Tessa's lips obviously pleased with herself for a job well done.

“I forgot something in the kitchen. I will be right back” I stood up and left the dinning area without waiting for a reply. Like I said I felt completely  out of place. I went to the pool and took a seat, I leaned my back on the long white chair and inhaled deeply. The cool evening breeze calmed my rising anger.